ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problems fitting cage (urgent)

Clio 172
Went to fit my ORECA 6 point bolt in cage and have found the feet on the "B pillar" bar and also front "A pillar" bars do not fully contact the floor. Considering it's supposedly a "bolt in" cage, the front bolt holes are interfering with the front chassis reinforcement etc. also the feet are 18mm off the floor in the centre and do you pack it up with other material to give a firm support or I have seen people bolt the plate to the bottom of the foot the fill the remaining gap with offcuts welded in.

Bottom of front feet
WP_20140424_0061.jpg

Bottom of the middle feet
WP_20140424_0041.jpg

Rear feet
WP_20140424_0081.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong someone but I thought the bolt in Oreca still needed mounting platforms to be welded in?

Don't take that as gospel OP, I know naff all about spanners.

330i. E30 Touring.
Yeah, looking at the pictures, either the middle and front need welded in platforms to bolt to, or the rear sections are 2" too long!

renault clio 1.2
hi, iv just bought a clio and i was wanting to get a cage i was wondering where you got it from and how much it was, any help in me getting one will be much appreciated!

Cup In bits
My Oreca full weld in cage just needed flat plates welding to the floor.

So..... The main hoop and the the 'a' pillars dont touch the ground yet you have it bolted to the rear arches? If both dont touch then surely all you need to do is lower the cage!!

Take out the rear bolts, weld plates beneath the front four legs, drill holes, bolt all four front legs down and then bolt the rear arch stays down. Cages will sometimes need holding with a ratchet strap etc prior to welding or bolting and its actually a better thing to have the cage under tension.

Also you have mounted the rear stays wrong, if your not going to weld the strengthner plates then they have to go on the inner arch to stop the bolts pulling through in an accident.

Last edited:
  Clio 172
My Oreca full weld in cage just needed flat plates welding to the floor.

So..... The main hoop and the the 'a' pillars dont touch the ground yet you have it bolted to the rear arches? If both dont touch then surely all you need to do is lower the cage!!

Take out the rear bolts, weld plates beneath the front four legs, drill holes, bolt all four front legs down and then bolt the rear arch stays down. Cages will sometimes need holding with a ratchet strap etc prior to welding or bolting and its actually a better thing to have the cage under tension.

Also you have mounted the rear stays wrong, if your not going to weld the strengthner plates then they have to go on the inner arch to stop the bolts pulling through in an accident.

I see. But the cage cant move forward or back as it ia right againt the firewall on the front and the rear cage cannot go any further back. I see about the rear stays i havnt got a welder so they are bolted in for now until my friend can weld it for me, and there is a plate under the arch about the same size as the ones on top. Is that correct?

Cup In bits
Is the cage touching the two prongs that dash frame attaches to on the bulkhead or even the wiring loom as it comes through the bulkhead.