ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Progress- Pics

Cars been at Venom now for 8 weeks! Went through tuesday and heres what it was looking like. Begining to take shape, have been told it shoul be out in 2 weeks!! Id like some early opinions!!

Ps. Patty is uploding the pics for me, so they will be up when he has time, thanks again Patty!!!!!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

8 weeks! and its still not finished?

What are they doing? Turning it into another car or something?!?

I know!!! Its really dragging! It started with Venom just fitting my kit, then taking the handles off, then mking some archs, then cutting and moddin skirts. Its just taking forever! I was promised it would be finished for Donny (9th 10th April) but it aint guna be. Im getting a little fed up, but theres nohing i can really do about it!! He has alot of my materials and of course my car keys and a chunk of money! I dunt really want to upset him cause he can drag it out for along as he wants! Ive tried to put a bit of pressure on by visting quite often but it still aint happening!!!!

I didnt know the 99 Clios came with rear rocket launchers ! Why dont they offer that option these days ?

:eek:

The photo of the front of the car looks like Pacman !

Punto/Clio GTT

n i know you want your car back n am probably gettin tired of it takin so long. you put pressure on the manager for your car back, he puts pressure on the workers to hurry it up, the workers then start cuttin corners and not doin things to A1 standard.. i know.. i do it myself. leave them to it, let them do it properly... itll take aslong as it takes

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 04 April 2005
f uck me they got enough filler on that tailgate?!?

Just what I was thinking :eek:

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 04 April 2005

I didnt know the 99 Clios came with rear rocket launchers ! Why dont they offer that option these days ?

:eek:

The photo of the front of the car looks like Pacman !
Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka Wakka

haha! Front bumpers the only bit im not sure about!!! But it looks better with grill in, hes extended it! cant really explain it, but it looks really good. If you check out http://www.venomcustoms.co.ukwww.venomcustoms.co.uk and find the clio, the front grill will look summet like that!!

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Nor me, what a waste of money. Id rather burn the money than spend it doing that.

big red bus

I Like the front and the sides, but not the back. But as long as you liek it, thats all that counts realli!

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

How much filler?!?!?!?

Surely that isnt classed as a "good" job?? I hope he sands most of that off and really improves on it?

How much is it costing you?

£2500 for him to do fitting and respray! £6000 in total on kit, seats, rims, ice.

Its alot of money but ill oni do it once while im young!!!!

VaVa

£6000 in total. Wow. Thats a lot of money for a young lad to spunk on a car. Fair play to you. At least hes having a proper go at it, and not just sticking a massive spoiler on the boot.... not to my tastes, but Ill be interested to see the end result.

Its guna be a light blue with a purple metal flake! Looks really nice.

Theres alot goin about latly about modded cars been chavy i want this to go through chavvy and come out at classy. It should look really really beautiful and be totally one off!!!!

Insurance is sorted. everthing declared, its just put into catorgaries like bodywork, interior, respray, exhaust, suspension.

ls. 1.2 with induction kit. Cant really afford insurance to put anything bigger in! Originally i wanted a Civic Type S 1.6 but insurance was silly so i decided to do this up!

You are doing and spending all that money that just to put a 1.2 in?!!!

Should have spent the money getting a proper engine size rather than the OTT bodywork (IMO of course)

With that money you could have brought a faster car and payed a hell of alot to insure it, its complete bullsh*t insurance wont let you have to car, its just paying a little more.

those exhausts look f**king w**k btw

Oh and you do realise you will fail the MOT wiht no door handles....there must be a mecahnical way of getting into the car....you crash, trapped inside, fucing firecrew are gonna love you trying to get inside to save your ass

[Edited by Lunner on 05 April 2005 at 7:31pm]

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 05 April 2005

With that money you could have brought a faster car and payed a hell of alot to insure it, its complete bullsh*t insurance wont let you have to car, its just paying a little more.

Oh and you do realise you will fail the MOT wiht no door handles....there must be a mecahnical way of getting into the car....you crash, trapped inside, fucing firecrew are gonna love you trying to get inside to save your ass

:D

Quote: Originally posted by Chad on 05 April 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 05 April 2005With that money you could have brought a faster car and payed a hell of alot to insure it, its complete bullsh*t insurance wont let you have to car, its just paying a little more.those exhausts look f**king w**k btwOh and you do realise you will fail the MOT wiht no door handles....there must be a mecahnical way of getting into the car....you crash, trapped inside, fucing firecrew are gonna love you trying to get inside to save your ass

[Edited by Lunner on 05 April 2005 at 7:31pm] [/QUOTE]:D

....and here was me thinking i woudl get flamed for being so brutally truthful

Punto/Clio GTT

maybe hes happy with the insurance/tax/running costs of a 1.2?

not everyone wants to be the fastest car on the road, im one of them people :)

should look all good once its sprayed up. maybe ina few years you could drop a 172 lump in it if you wanted

i dont even want to talk about what cars you could buy with 6k..

i realy dont like that it has the ugly rear bumper of one of the overplayed clio kits and the ugly front of another overplayed kit, the arches look good though.

note- my opinion is worthless.

What a t**ser!!!

Id love to have a 172 182 v6 scooby evo type r but i couldnt afford to buy 1 and insure it n dont call me a lier.

Im a young lad thats put a lot of time effort and money into my first project, i understand if you dont like it not every1 will, but ur comments wo over the top. Fair play to the people that have said "its not my cup of tea"

O yeh n its got a button on outside to open doors, so i think youll find therl be no trouble on the MOT side.

Credit to the guys that have said something positive even tho its not for them, cheers lads!!!

well to be fair, its not my taste but i dont hate it. i think its great that your spending 6k on a car to have it look as you want it. plus i respect you for having the balls to have a thread about it. i certainly wouldt put a pic of my car on this forum beecouse 99% of replys would be telling me how lame my car is.

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 05 April 2005

TVRs dont have door handles they just have a button under the mirror

bodykits are not my thing (they were about 5-6 years ago i must be getting old now ) but if you like it that is all that counts, and at least it is going to be done right unlike a lot of cars

Thats what modifyin is about makin it look different, i love it and i will look really smart when it comes out. n im sure i will attract alot of attention from people in my age range and with similar tastes in cars.

I expected some negative feedback, but Lunner just took the piss that was so OTT!

i know tvrs dont have door handles but they do have a handle on the boot? anyhow for a car to pass m.o.t it MUST have a merchanical way somewhere to get into the car

Aslong as there is a button on the outside that opens the door its fine, ive checked all this out last thing i wanted was to spend aload of money and not be able to drive it cos i cant pass mot.

Punto/Clio GTT

Quote: Originally posted by CDMullins on 05 April 2005

I expected some negative feedback, but Lunner just took the piss that was so OTT!

ah lunners just a fairy keyboard warrior who wants his rsi to be a valver so badly ;)