ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project 172 **** ITB'S - 204bhp *** Redline Featured ***

All pics from Oulton on the 28th

4565384836_823abff158_b.jpg

4565387744_b211e48446_b.jpg

4565388114_2ba83cdfab_b.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

Next plans -

Refurb gearbox
Lightened flywheel
Remove roof lining
Remove lower dash
Air con removal
Cage
Paint inside

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I was gunna do my roof lining today but really cba with being dripped on for the minimal weight saved :( Will be interesting to see the aircon removal process. Whats up with your box?

Slighty cruncy going into 3rd gear, and its leaking from either the join or the driveshaft boot or seal i think. Also has a nice whine in 5th gear, sounds like its sequential :)

Removal and refurd when i go away in June i thinkk is on the cards :)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
just read all of this thread, its an amazing project, exhaust looks amazing imo, i like how it sticks out. them pics of it on the track make it look at home. good DIY work with the window switches, looks good. any plans to go to the ring again????

Been a while.

Bought a new gearbox from DannyR, with 18k on from its full rebuild.

Fresh oil has arrived from opie oils.

Just ordered -

Pair of gauges
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260609232054&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Sump plug adapter - Sure its m14x1.5 i need
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370386043960&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

T-piece for the block
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350355799671&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Along with some copper sealing washers.

Going on holiday Friday, so car will be on the drive until the 11th, everything fitted before FCS.

320d
Good buy that box Ben. I presume its a ph1 box with the slightly longer ratios coming from dannys car?

What are your plans when the cars finished?

320d
Yeah I remember you saying your interested in Focus RS's. Does the Clio not annoy you as a daily driver?

Oil change done today. Couldnt fit my oil temp gauge as the m14x1.5 sump plug adapter was to small, so it must be m16 for that.

Im to sure on fitting it though, as im worried about it hanging down and catching it?

Oil pressure gague temp location-

DSC_0008.jpg

Still not decided where to mount them once both installed either...

I like my stereo, got a have some tunes, even if you can't hear them very well.

Might just hack the vents, or sit them on top of where the clocks are.

Got some spare carbon I could mess with as well

Anyone know if you need to have the original oil pressure wire plugged in?

Recieved my new clutch during the week.

Although its a SACHS clutch kit, was meant to be recieving a VALEO kit according to the GSF advert on ebay.

Is the SACHS any good, or best to change?

How much did you pay for it?

I was going to get a Valeo from Maynard on here (GSF), but managed to get one at pretty much the same price off the shelf round the corner at Euro Car Parts on the same day so went with that (£90)

Doh - If I had known you were after a standard clutch I would have been able to get it cheaper than I paid for two too :( ECP are usually £110+ but managed to get it to £90, two would have been lower. Oh well!

Car looking sweet, whats next ?

Oil change done today. Couldnt fit my oil temp gauge as the m14x1.5 sump plug adapter was to small, so it must be m16 for that.

Im to sure on fitting it though, as im worried about it hanging down and catching it?

Oil pressure gague temp location-

DSC_0008.jpg

Still not decided where to mount them once both installed either...

Bit of a shitter about the sump plug mate...

Did you find out the size in the end ?

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
car looks very complete, congrats on the build. i recently changed my gearbox and clutch myself its an easy job just a little time consuming the first time you do one, took me 10 hours all in.

when are you off to the ring? im heading there august the 6th

regards
sam

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
hey ben,
quick question for you... if you have the answer / pics would be handy,

when fitting the doorcards, did you cut away excess metal in the doors, if so you got any pics / info in what you left in there?