ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project 172 **** ITB'S - 204bhp *** Redline Featured ***

Re: Project 172 **** ITB'S - 204bhp *** February Redline Feature

TBH its not something he needs to worry about. Hes got an oil cooler which most 172 track cars dont, so thats plenty of reassurance. As long as there is enough oil in it there will not be a problem

JDM Dc2

i just find its usefull to see what going on, mine after say 5 full on laps its upto 100degrees ish, would be good to compare to bens.

New discs and pads on! What a knightmare, all 4 locating nut things for the discs rounded off while trying to losen them, so had to drill them out, and wack a T50 torque into the soft metal i had chizzled to unscrew them.

Assuming itll take a bit for the brakes to bed in, as they dont feel as strong as before?

Pulls alot better now, as i think the old ones were fooked, and binding/sticking on.

:)

Cro

Meg'd r27

Exact same happened mine Ben with the screws total nightmare!! maybe some air or something in the lines perhaps if they arent feeling strong?

Assuming itll take a bit for the brakes to bed in, as they dont feel as strong as before?

Best off heat cycling properly mate asap, that can draw the best of out any braking system.

Last edited:

Decided to have a go at relocating my switches today, to get ready for my carbon door cards coming, wanted to keep the O.E switches so...

First i butchered the wiring, then made a template out of carboard for the switch.

IMG_0440.jpg

Then made a mock up out of some plastic to 100% make sure it would work.

IMG_0441.jpg

Then i set about carefully cutting the switch panel that also has the dimmer switch on, end result is -

IMG_0442.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

Still works the same as normal, just in a much better place, and easily reachable :) Looks better in the flesh, but meh, function over good looks :)

DCi 100
Would look miles better if you trimmed it abit more accurate lol. Get it all flocked and it'll be fine anyways.

Any luck on the tow eye?

TrackCar & F30 330d
Yeah, just hide all the wiring away then.

The good bit about my way of doing it is tha the passengers and driver can do their windows down :)

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good!

I had the same problem with my horn, just wired in a new button in the end!

Also if you need to fit the cat back in for the mot, it will fit onto the omp mid section and backbox, altho it barely sits in the mounts! Sounds proper lame with the cat in too lol (just had to do mine for the mot).

DCi 100
When do you guys actually use your horn?

It's just dead weight for me, I think I've used it once in the 7 months of driving.

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
By law you need one for a road car.

Great project. Hope to get mine going again when I finish Uni in 5weeks.

Cage + seats, then get rid of ktec coils for better set up coilovers. Then charger or turbo or ITB

Im not going full stippd though, more a usable track/fast road car. Save weight were I can but not to the total detriment of drivin comfort.

Last edited:
  DCi 100
What are they going to do kick it to open it lol! :D

That's a perfectly good dash your hacking into though :( Chop away all the glove box and lower section that side. Have gusseted aluminium (sp) plate for the passenger foot rest with 1.5 inch barriers on either side, put the fuse box behind that and just have 2 bolts on the floor holding it in.

Like this, but not so f**king chunky and thick:
http://www.sm-engineering.co.uk/alloy_foot_rest.php

IMO.

You never cleaned these suede style inserts aswell did you?

:)

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
How did you wire in a new button mate? Any pics

Feed from the horn to one side of a switch (ran the horn feed through the grommet in the passenger footwell), other side of the switch goes to the battery. I've still got the standard horn, but I removed one of them. I made a bracket out of some 1mm aluminium to mount the new horn and used the earth from the old battery (I have a race one under my seat like you have). Works fine!

I just tied the button somewhere near the gearstick for the mot but will be relocating it to somewhere better when I can get the dash off. Will get a pic 2nite!

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Got some pics but left the bloody cable at home so I can't upload em yet :rolleyes:

I've done a quick diagram for you for how to connect it up, you could stick a fuse in there if you wanted but I didn't bother:

b-h.jpg