ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project 172 **** ITB'S - 204bhp *** Redline Featured ***

Coupe/Defender V8
gonna get some anti roll bars first me thinks. Cage just seems like throwing weight back in. Although my car on it's roof would probably tend to disagree slightly

BMW M5 & E36
Yeah AB/105/220a that one is £479.46 from Demon Tweaks

The reason i didnt go for that one is it doesnt have harness bars, front gussets, and a few other bits

I'm actually getting AB/106/220a which is £846.69 :) but it has quite a lot more bits.

You'll have fun welding that in!

Qashcow
Yeah AB/105/220a that one is £479.46 from Demon Tweaks

The reason i didnt go for that one is it doesnt have harness bars, front gussets, and a few other bits

I'm actually getting AB/106/220a which is £846.69 :) but it has quite a lot more bits.

the problem i can see with that one, despite the welding issues etc is that it would need to be painted in the car, which is a ***** to get it neat.

ive gone for the £450-odd one, fitted in the car and taken out to paint, plus added a harness bar myself and a 2nd X section

TrackCar & F30 330d
You'll have fun welding that in!

Thanks we will :)

the problem i can see with that one, despite the welding issues etc is that it would need to be painted in the car, which is a ***** to get it neat.

ive gone for the £450-odd one, fitted in the car and taken out to paint, plus added a harness bar myself and a 2nd X section

Yeah i know what you mean about the painting but i'm going to get my mates dad to spray it all professionally. so hopefully it will look good too :)

Oulton Park today.

Awesome, car performed really well. Have a gearbox oil leak, think it might be coming from the driveshaft seal??

Weighed it in at 943kg, so 219.80bhp per tonne :)

More weight removal next....

RenaultSport 172
What have you removed all together? I had mine weighed at 960kg the other day and there's not much more to take out!!

Last edited:
  TrackCar & F30 330d
The Cup AC removal shizzle removed 10 KG in total. headlining was roughly 2.5 KG with grab handles and bits, Not really sure what you can take out/off the dash. Apart from the brown sound deading stuff behind it.

And then boom, wacking 35-40 kg of cage back in lol (mines 35kg :) )

TrackCar & F30 330d
Ohhhhh! I see.

I wanted to do thats but then i'm not really sure where to put my heater controls and headunit :)

Was a right pain in the ar** the other day when it rained and my window steamed up and my heater controls were on the flooor as the little box has fallen back. Trying to drive in the crazy rain, trying to undo my harnesses and trying to grab my heater controls, Nearly lost my NCB :(

Only two half decent ones for now im afraid...

IMG_0117.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

Melted! LOL.

They were pretty good. Certanly be getting some 888's for next time, felt the spec 2's were washing out some times, might of been down to tyre pressure as i think i was running to high.

TrackCar & F30 330d
The side walls are like cheese arnt they lol.

It allways seemed wierd setting my R888's to 22psi (cold) as it didnt seem enough but when tyres get hot they do get higher psi.

The easiest thing to do IMO is set them to like 28 and have a few fast laps and come in and quickly drop the pressures to what they are suppose to be with one of those pressure gauges.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Allway put less in the front anyway as the fronts are allways gona more work accelerating, steering and braking.

Live and learn i suppose :)

DCi 100
Ill be removing the lower part of the dash i think, gota weigh a fair wack..

Could just make a fibreglass/carbon top half dash, have a bar in the cage across the front and have it between that and the windscreen?

Nice to see the car today.

black 172 phase1
ben me old china looks like ive joined you from puntosports too ,my gt was sold so got a black 172,nice mototr by the way got any spare bits lol..............

Good man. Small tip - if you're taking the tar off as well (thats under the lining) do it on a really hot day as it makes it SO much easier. I didnt even bother with a heat gun, as it came of pretty easy as the roof was so hot!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Good man. Small tip - if you're taking the tar off as well (thats under the lining) do it on a really hot day as it makes it SO much easier. I didnt even bother with a heat gun, as it came of pretty easy as the roof was so hot!

Good man, ill remember this ;)