ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project 172!

SQ5
No, not workign on it until tonight.

So even if the fuel is runnign at say 4 bar it should still go through the injectors?
becuase its relaly hard to adjust pressure without the engine running

See if your getting voltage at the injector plugs, this is the problem i had with mine, that the ecu has been blown up.

it should be 12v when the ign is on then to fire it the ecu just grounds them. also, check the resistance on the instruction for the cps, injectors and tps if they arent correct then the ecu wont fire the injectors.

Plug a laptop into the ecu, find out if the ecu is registering it turning.

SQ5
Yea its registering its turning but around 50 rpm more than it should. Gonan put alver CPS on instead of 172 one tonight and see if it makes a difference!

SQ5
I'm running Omex not a standard ECU you realise?

Plugs are brand new, fuel isn't even getting into the engine or past the injectors! Just builds up in Rail!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
no i think he means different connector plugs on the cps?

surely if its just building up in rail its the signal to the injectors? or did you already look into that?

Yea different connector plugs.

I assume how you've said in the thread your running the omex on a piggy back installation? injectors may not be the required resistance by the omex ecu to fire...

SQ5
I'm running the Omex standalone! it's the only thing controlling the engine!

Just thought one CPS may be faulty so try the other one!

Injectors are fine for the ecu as they have ran many standard ones before!

clioproj/skylinegtst/merc
no i dont think it matters on the polarity is try and 12v up the injectors on the battery see if they open ul soon know as it will spray fuel out like u wouldnt belive then u can cross out injector problem or fuel pressure fow are the injectors wired up 1+4 2+3 or individulay

SQ5
yea i have used both 172 parts, only valver part is the box. Clutch is 172 too.

Didn't get chance to try Valver one but will try saturday!

clioproj/skylinegtst/merc
valver one wont work coil pack trigger wheel on the flywheel is different to a distributor trigger wheel on the flywheel only reads half what a coil pack would usually unless u change the flywheel but will run like s**t if it even starts > has it got spark . did u 12v up the injectors and c if they open

SQ5
Just a few updated pics for you all to see

15092007069.jpg

15092007067.jpg

15092007066.jpg

15092007063.jpg

SQ5
Cheers for the interest Beaniemoo!

It's going away tomorrow to GDI to be completed and mapped!

We've tried so hard and got it running twice but it doesn't seem to want to do it again afterwards!

Once its back will be able to finish off with brakes/suspension!

Then I won't wanna get it sprayed becuase I'll want to be driving it the whole time lol!

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
wondered what had happened to you! :eek:

sorry to hear about the running problems :dapprove: but hopefully GDI will get it sorted for you

SQ5
car has just been picked up. Things sound all good as far as i can see! Can't wait for it to be back now!

SQ5
Well, GDI had it runing on Tuesday and ready to do all the last minute checks for the rollers!

Wednesday morning it wouldn't start :( Was looking to be back for the weekend too!

Hopefully it'll be something silly and it'll be fixed in no time!

Once its back, harnesses wil be in, coilovers and brakes on off to the MOT station! Then off to get my rollcage built and decat pipe on!

Hopefully it will be at FCS just looking like a dog!

SQ5
No one seems interested in this anymore lol! but anyway!

Just spoke to Andy and its running fine, CPS and s**t battery was to blame! Now got it going and just doing a little bit to it (exhuast seals, oil, coolant flush and few other checks) then its onto the rollers!

Next week delivery????!????!?

'92 172, Lotus Elise
No one seems interested in this anymore lol! but anyway!

Just spoke to Andy and its running fine, CPS and s**t battery was to blame! Now got it going and just doing a little bit to it (exhuast seals, oil, coolant flush and few other checks) then its onto the rollers!

Next week delivery????!????!?

I'm plenty interested! :D

mine should be running in a week or so...

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
Good to see your back on track now such good news that it's running now and should be on the road soon. Bet you can't wait. Definately looking like time to start an F4 valver owners club soon.

Keep us posted

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
Great project this one and Danny has done a great job of the installation...

just needed a few little tweaks and fault finding which is very hard to do from home..

Andy

SQ5
Cheers everyone!

Hopefully make the March meet, handed my notice in yesterday so I 've got a month when I can't really be sacked lol! So many days off here and there me thinks!

Ben_p - Unsure what HP running, not 100% sure how Omex works and don't know how well my manifold will turn out, but looking at one I saw the other day on here a lot of worry went lol! As long as I see at least 170 I'll be happy lol! There's no weight so will stil be close to 200bhp/ton!

We need to get an F4R 16v section, or at least a photo of all together for the calendar!

We still didn't do as well as what you lot have done though Andy ;) Everything is much appreciated and I still haven't got that email lol!

I'll ask Andy to get a video of it on the rollers so this thread actually has something in it, not been updated in a while lol!

SQ5
Car is basically finished!

GDI sorted out the Fuel pressure and the exhaust blows ready to mapped in the next couple of days :D

Just sold my punto gt and an old BMW 528 I had, now have £1800 ready for the GDI bill! So a bit of cash for some extras too :p

Hopefully have an update video/pics in the next couple of days! Heard it running today over the phone, quite loud :D