ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project 182

FULL FAT 182
Hi Matthew, thanks for the comments . I'm getting the car mapped on Thursday at RS Tuning, then I can drive it properly.

FULL FAT 182
I hope so Matthew, and slightly better mpg as I'm getting 35 mpg sticking at 60-70mph on a motorway run.

marcushookdale

ClioSport Club Member
  rstuned 182ff bg
well jealous , i need/want want want a rs2 manifold,

maybe down the line some time,

more money, but it does put a big smile on your face, i will say that.

FULL FAT 182
Just try and save £200 per month in your savings account and within 9 months your there, it puts a smile on my face but I'm only using 60% of it's full potential till it gets mapped. Then it will be an animal, but due to my low mileage it might make less power than the claimed 190-192 bhp. Might have to get some v power before I turn up ;).

RS Clio 182
Whats that red circular thing to the left of the gearstick and below the cigarette lighter? I dont have one in my 182...

i love this car, u've done everything i wish i could afford to do
cant wait to see the power figures from the rs2 manifold

FULL FAT 182
i love this car, u've done everything i wish i could afford to do
cant wait to see the power figures from the rs2 manifold

Thanks Daz, it’s been an expensive year but i was caining the overtime at work. That paid for most of the work, im still contemplating getting a set of sportlines fitted but im not too sure what kind of ride they give over standard

Thanks Daz, it’s been an expensive year but i was caining the overtime at work. That paid for most of the work, im still contemplating getting a set of sportlines fitted but im not too sure what kind of ride they give over standard

i would stick with the wheels u got. or if u do change them then message me cause i may take them off ur hands :)

FULL FAT 182
i would stick with the wheels u got. or if u do change them then message me cause i may take them off ur hands :)

I was refering to the lowering spring as apposed to my wheels, they are staying on the car im afraid (cost me an arm + leg)

FULL FAT 182
Nice car Wazza! Good thread also!:approve:

Thanks for the comments Daz, i will be meaning to have a propper write up from my experiance at RS tuning but to be perfectly honest i havent had the time. I ve had a bit of a busy weekend with fart arsing about with the car.

Managed to pick up some Toyo R888 tyres from the forum and got them fitted on my old 182 cup wheels, here are a couple of photos.
I will be looking at booking the renault sport track day at brands hatch as its been over 5 years since i last had a go.

Picture001.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

FULL FAT 182
Its been a while since I last posted but I have been busy sourcing choice mods, i have been lucky to cherry pick some parts from a salvage trophy at some great prices.

Trophy Spoiler including struts, obviously getting sprayed black gold @ spray shack.Always been a fan.
trophyspoiler.png

Sachs suspension, just needs cleaning.
TrophySuspension.jpg

Sportlines
sportlines.png

K-tec 182 Sports cat, already fitted (can now hear radio)
k-tecsportscat.png

Looking at getting the suspension fitted in the first week of august :)
Spoiler fitted once Simon has finished painting it.

FULL FAT 182
LOL brilliant mate. Unbelievable how much they are from Renault.

I'll keep an eye on the thread for when it's fitted mate.

Any reason you went for sachs over some decent coilovers?

For more than one occasion i have been down the coilover route and had nothing but a harsh ride, either putting my back out over speed bumps or loosing fillings over cattle grids. Coilovers are great on the track but on the road they can be a nightmare. I honestly believe the trophy set up is a brilliant compromise with the sportlines for both road and track. And the price i paid for them you would struggle getting a decent set of coilovers.

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Said it from the start and I still say it now, I love this car! I like it more with the standard rims on tho!

Black Gold Trophy
Nice car, very similar to mine, which is also blackgold with anthracite turinis (trophy ones ;) ) with trophy spoiler, trophy suspension + eibach sportlines and also has a scorpion exhaust.

I would have saved the money you spent on a sports cat though and got the standard cat modified with a 2.5 inch exit (like mine)

FULL FAT 182
Nice car, very similar to mine, which is also blackgold with anthracite turinis (trophy ones ;) ) with trophy spoiler, trophy suspension + eibach sportlines and also has a scorpion exhaust.

I would have saved the money you spent on a sports cat though and got the standard cat modified with a 2.5 inch exit (like mine)

Hi Jack,
how lower does the car sit from when you had the standard cup suspension compared to now?

im contemplaiting getting the sportlines this week, would you suggest this modification?

i found a trophy being broken on the internet and had to pounce ant the oppertunity to cherry pick the bests bits, it will look similar to yours but with a better offset to the wheels ;).

FULL FAT 182
UPDATE

Since now i have been holding back showing the final results of my rolling road session after fitting the RS2 manifold, for some strange reason my car has only produced 181.5 bhp (Fly) and 146 lbs torque (Fly) with 150 bhp at the wheels :S.

Previously i have carried out dyno runs after pretty much every modification at my local dyno dynamics rollers as shown below.

Hayes Engineering (Dyno Dynamics) 10-05-2010
Fully Standard.
BHP @ Fly 167.7
FtLb @ Fly 147

Hayes Engineering (Dyno Dynamics) 06-11-2010
RS192 Exhaust + Itg Maxogen.
BHP @ Fly 172.8 5.1 gain From standard
FtLb @ Fly 152 5.0 gain From standard

RS Tuning (Dyno Dynamics) 02-06-2011
RS192 Exhaust, JMS RS2 Manifold,De-Cat,RS Tuning Map.
BHP @ Fly 181.5 13.8 gain From standard
FtLb @ Fly 146 1.0 gain From standard

Hayes engineering (Dyno Dynamics)11-06-2011
RS192 Exhaust, JMS RS2 Manifold,De-Cat,RS Tuning Map.
BHP @ Fly 182.4 14.7 gain From standard
FtLb @ Fly 144 3.0 Loss From standard

I must say being an honest folk that I found the whole JMS experience a bit of a roller-coaster ride with plenty of its ups and downs, i was disappointed with the results as i feel the acclaimed figures were slightly exaggerated as I was getting 10 bhp less than acclaimed. 10 bhp on a N/A engine is a hell of a lot of power to loose and the torque figures were less than a 3lbs than standard. As for the kit i looks the part and is well engineered and the time , money and effort has been well spent. Hats off to James and Tom top blokes and stayed late to get my car back on the road :)

Setting that aside i have decided to get in contact with David @ K-Tec regarding their new Cat Cam profile 5502438, provisionally i have booked the cams to be fitted including cam belt and mapping on Friday 12th August. David is intrigued to find out how the cams perform with the RS2 manifold as he thinks the torque figures are affected due to the runner lengths of the manifold, but I have a feeling that the cams will produce more torque and bhp from what i have at the moment. These cams will produce in the region of 185 Bhp and 165 Lbs Torque on the standard cast aluminium manifold.

I'll keep you lot posted on any results and any future updates :)

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
A 15bhp gain over standard does not seem to bad... How long does the car hold the torque for now and when does it hit peak torque vs standard?

Ollie's Silver Cup
Would be interested to see the graphs, if you're able to post them up? :)

I spotted those 438 profile cams on k-tec's website and wondered what they were about; you must be one of the first? Be interesting to see what they do for the car. :)

FULL FAT 182
A 15bhp gain over standard does not seem to bad... How long does the car hold the torque for now and when does it hit peak torque vs standard?

The car produced a total of 9.6 bhp with the manifold fitted and decat with the cast alloy manifold and Maxogen omitted.

On the flip side the car lost 8.5 Lbs torque (which is a bl00dy lot)

FULL FAT 182
Would be interested to see the graphs, if you're able to post them up? :)

I spotted those 438 profile cams on k-tec's website and wondered what they were about; you must be one of the first? Be interesting to see what they do for the car. :)

Hi Oliver hope all is well? The Iceberg is looking cool as a cucumber ;)

I will be the first person to have these cams fitted alongside the RS2 manifold, I was going to wait for Tom to produce "the calibration" but in this world if you want something done it's best to do it yourself !

Its a risk due to the amount of money and time but it will give everyone and idea what to expect. :approve: