ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project scene scooby

More poke than viagr
read you fc interview today . nicely done mate !

Cheers mate, yeah was quite amazed i got that tbh! :D

Bored of my wheels now, had them nearly 6 months so time for a change i think.

Got my eye on some of these :) But with silver centers

2v1l1qc.gif

18" SSR formula mesh reps

More poke than viagr
if i didnt buy replica wheels then id be stuck with wolfrace or some other s**t wheels. This way i get the same looks for a fraction of the price, wheres the problem with that???

You're still stuck with s**t quality wheels, just in a design that you like ;)

I don't see why people are so scared of buying proper wheels 2nd hand .

Plus, you've spent good money on a Nardi and Brides, yet won't pay for the real deal when it comes to wheels. :S I'm not having a go, just seems so daft to me but whatever.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
If they were genuinely ripping the original manufacturer/designer off...they'd not be permitted to sell them surely? Are replica wheels illegal as in being counterfeit goods?

More poke than viagr
I understand completely where your coming from, but if i was to buy a set of genuine BBS LM-R's, firstly they are only made in 19" and 5x130, and secondly they are roughly £4000 for a set!!

And as for buying second hand wheels, i always buy second hand, these being the only exception. But even buying second hand, it is still cheaper to buy reps than reals ones.

If i had enough money to buy real ones, then of course i would, but this is the only option available to me now. Its either reps that look like good wheels, or s**t wheels that look like s**t wheels lol

306 GTI-6
I don't know the ins and outs of counterfeit law, but look at a set of rota grids and a set of volk te37s. Exact same shape, the volks are real, the rotas aren't.

Not real, as in you buy them and just get an empty box?

FFS, am I the only one on here who gets tired of the whole CS wheel/seat/whatever snobbery on here.

People buy what they like, at a price they are willing to pay. If everyone could afford £4k for a set of wheels, they would probably be driving something more expensive in the first place IMO.

Have to say Tom, i cant say I am a fan of everything you have done with this (or you did with the Clio before), but it seems to be heading in a more acceptable direction now anyway.

More poke than viagr
Not going to go for those wheels now, seen a photoshop and i dont think it will look right.

However, i am looking at getting a new exhaust ;)

5u343n.gif

Not real, as in you buy them and just get an empty box?

FFS, am I the only one on here who gets tired of the whole CS wheel/seat/whatever snobbery on here.

People buy what they like, at a price they are willing to pay. If everyone could afford £4k for a set of wheels, they would probably be driving something more expensive in the first place IMO.

Have to say Tom, i cant say I am a fan of everything you have done with this (or you did with the Clio before), but it seems to be heading in a more acceptable direction now anyway.

It's not really snobbery. Would you buy Noke trainers? Or Adidos? A Rolecs watch? A vacuum made my Dysen?

Pretty sure the rotas have a habit of f**king up. No idea on others.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Apart from the shitty laquer quality on the reps most people don't notice so don't think it really matters tbh. How much do you want for your wheels Tom?

More poke than viagr
It's not really snobbery. Would you buy Noke trainers? Or Adidos? A Rolecs watch? A vacuum made my Dysen?

No, but then paying £60 for a pair of genuine trainers is completely different to paying £1000 for wheels.

I also know plenty of people with Rota's and never heard of a wheel failing.

Anyway i dont want to turn this into a thread about who's got the money to buy real things or not so lets just leave it.

Monaco

Tom, your projects always seem to bring the haters out...

More poke than viagr
Yeah thats where i work! Always there, most days :(

Found some nice BBS RC's now. 17"x 9.5 so if i can afford re drilling or adaptors ill get them :) and if someone wants to buy these from me :)

M

Mattb.SHED

Whats insurance like on this at 19? What insurance company are you with? If you dont mind me asking :D

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Matt his isn't a turbo BTW but if you interested in a Turbo my mate who lives in Warrington has one. He bought it when he was 18 and the insurance was £4500 a year with 1 years NCB, but when he tried it on the family house in Wales it was £2500 so he insured it there instead. Drank juice like nobodies business.

M

Mattb.SHED

Matt his isn't a turbo BTW but if you interested in a Turbo my mate who lives in Warrington has one. He bought it when he was 18 and the insurance was £4500 a year with 1 years NCB, but when he tried it on the family house in Wales it was £2500 so he insured it there instead. Drank juice like nobodies business.

Yeaaah I was hoping to get a 172 in Feb when I'll be 19 with 2 years no claims, would love a scooby or old BMW as I love the hellaflush scene etc... just insurance is such a killer :(

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Yeaaah I was hoping to get a 172 in Feb when I'll be 19 with 2 years no claims, would love a scooby or old BMW as I love the hellaflush scene etc... just insurance is such a killer :(

you'd be able to get an E30 BMW for 2k and insure it easy i reckon.

M

Mattb.SHED

Its only the best shape 3 series EVER thus you need to be banned ;)

Oh haha yeah but... the price is higher.. basically this is how it is.. I owe my dad 1K LOL! My mates offered me 2K for mine and theres loads of E36s for 1K then I can give my dad the other grand :)

Phase 1 Clio 172
Not going to go for those wheels now, seen a photoshop and i dont think it will look right.

However, i am looking at getting a new exhaust ;)

5u343n.gif

thats my mates old e30 tourer they are detacable so only use em at shows but they do sound cool