ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proxes T1R 80V worth it?

RS Clio 172 Cup
As titled, Four tyres for £200 new. Or should I be looking at something else? Cheapest overseen for what j beleave to be ok mid range tyres? Opinions?

Cheers

focus st3
They were great,a friend at work is just about to get a set for his focus st,i think a lad of here had them on his tvr,and if they work on a tvr they should be good for anything especially for 200 quid.

Clio 172 phase 1
Found t1'rs to be mediocre there allrite for the price I'd buy again and tbh with the fact I'm on 8inch wide wheels with a strech I'd go back to them as I do t fancy forking out for 205 tyres in a 15 again I'd say you won't find a better tyre for the money

Many.
Whole tyre is pretty soft, wont last a lifetime. I used to have them on my previous car, Now have S-drives and struggling to decide between S-drives and T1R's.

I've got them and rate them. As said they are soft but set them to 34 psi to compensate for that. Very grippy in the dry and will still give confidence in the wet. Tyretraders.com is cheapest.

ph2 172
I've had a couple of sets now, great in the dry, I'm not keen in the wet but I'm also used to rainsport 2's.
As for tyre life I found them to go bald round the outer edge after 5000 miles, however I do need some negative camber on the front wheels and to keep an eye on tyre pressures and have heard they are fine with around -1.5* camber, i like to corner fast so its probably my driving that scrubs them.
I found ebay/camskill cheapest to get t1r's and rainsport 2's.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Is it? Would have thoought a better tyre lasting not quite as long would be better? Rainsport 2's are supposed to brilliant.

Is it? Would have thoought a better tyre lasting not quite as long would be better? Rainsport 2's are supposed to brilliant.

Well it is winter soon and if the rainsport lasts longer, and obviously being a wet tyre then that would be perfect. The last thing on my mind is putting my foot down in the rain.

When summer comes round on the other hand, money won't be a factor!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
No one but you can dictate how long a tyre will last. If you get a nail through the sidewall then not very long. Its pretty obscure to try and answer!?!

172 Cup
Just switched from T1R's to conti contact 2's. They do cost a bit more but they seem worth it. The wet grip difference is huge, had to be sooo careful on the toyo's but feel a lot more confident on the conti's. Think they were about £70 each off camskill but definitely worth the extra pennies.

ph2 172
But how long do they last? That's the decider.

I've had both for road use, T1R i got about 5000 miles out of before the edges were illegal, rs2's i got over double that!
RS2 are great in the wet/snow and are good enough to have fun in the dry just cant push as much as a t1r in the dry, gives you great confidence in the wet. I never got stuck once over winter with rs2's on where others were.
T1R great on the roads in the dry, fine in the wet for normal driving, soft sidewalls though and can become illegal fast if you do a lot of spirited driving.