ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Purchased a black R27 F1

Fiesta ST2
as in the title.. going to look at one tomorrow in black 34k mile on it 2007.. should I be expecting any specific faults or anything to check for?

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: going to look at a 197 F1 tomorrow..

If the seats are worn dude, recaros are generally bad quality in the clios

Ly meg R26

Door locks, make sure when you press the buttons on both door handles/boot to see if they work.

Drive it when it is cold and watch out for the kangarooing.
Check the gear change is smooth
Check for wind noise above 60 - door seals
Rusty wheels and wheel nuts

I'm sure there's more but good luck they are certainly an improvement on what you're used to.

Meg 250/E36 Touring

Enjoy the drive

I had a Black R27, was Luuuuuuurvly

Fiesta ST2

Well folks.. went in today with no intention of buying it.. just to have a look.. the guy let me have a 30 minute test drive... mmmm the guy didnt mind me bringing it to the red line..

needless to say I bought it and will be getting it on Wednesday... pics to follow

Fiesta ST2

image208v.jpg

image209t.jpg

image210.jpg

image211.jpg

image213h.jpg

Tangoed Works

looks very nice. think the number plate was a sign!

Clio 1970000000
Congrats Adam. You know you are going to love it. Now you can join the rest of us 197/200 owners trying to educate the 1*2 owners that the game has moved on now STFU :evil:

Iceberg 172
I love the front arches! I WANT ONE! God I'm so jealous!

I can't wait to be debt free and I'll be straight into an R27/200 me thinks.

Fiesta ST2
thanks folks roll on wednesday then ill get cleaned and photoshoot with IRLShorty :) thanks guys the test drive proved how much better they are than standard clios! all excited!

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Car looks great in in the pics Adam. Best of luck with her and see ya over the weekend! Cant wait to do the dual photo shoot, even though mines a non-sport :eek:

And for sale too :( :( F**king recession and job loss :mad: :mad:

Fiesta ST2
DNP182 thats where I got it! :) still there if you drive past the cars out the back of Sere sittin at the right in the front "line" of cars

DNP182 thats where I got it! :) still there if you drive past the cars out the back of Sere sittin at the right in the front "line" of cars
;) could have sold you my No.495 a couple wks ago lol in albi blue. health to enjoy it, very nice cars. need to be driven hard...ALL the time lol.

Fiesta ST2
haha to be honest mate.. it NEEDED to be an R27 F1 as the insurance was £1000 cheaper than a standard 197.. I phoned several insurance companies and asked if this was right that the F1 was over £1000 cheaper and they said yes and they would honour it.. just hope its like that next year too :p

haha to be honest mate.. it NEEDED to be an R27 F1 as the insurance was £1000 cheaper than a standard 197.. I phoned several insurance companies and asked if this was right that the F1 was over £1000 cheaper and they said yes and they would honour it.. just hope its like that next year too :p
Adam...lol, it was an R27, No.495 / 500. Strange that the insurance was so much cheaper than standard 197, i would have thought it should have been the same, or if anything, a little more expensive than standard 197. anyway, you have made the correct choice!

Was a 197
Check its got the cold start ecu update on it, cant remember the technical name, im sure sumone will know it!!

Fiesta ST2
Russy its got warranty until July and I also bought an extra years extended warranty when I bought the car so if its not applied I'll get it done ASAP thanks for the help! thanks LY I went to look at an LY 197 F1 but it was sold by the time I had gotten there! whilst signing the docs for the car folks kept coming over and looking in the window and stuff I got him to move it :p