ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Putting a 172 engine in

Clio's
How...? Ive been trying to fit a 172 engine in but for starters i cant get the engine crane to hold the engine properly without it swinging out of alignment and then it doesnt look like theres enough room. Is there any certain ways that it has to go in?

Clio's
no a clio mk2 ph1 If i have it so that the pulleys and belsts arent getting trapped or subbin on the side then the gearbox doest fit past the other side

White Clio 1.2 @ 172
Can't understand the issue :*scratches head*:....nope still f**king lost. How can you not fit it in?

Wait have you actually taken the gearbox mount off? you do realise you should take the mount and electrical parts out on the right side of the engine bay, that's the only thing you could catch it on!

Clio's
Can't understand the issue :*scratches head*:....nope still f**king lost. How can you not fit it in?

Wait have you actually taken the gearbox mount off? you do realise you should take the mount and electrical parts out on the right side of the engine bay, that's the only thing you could catch it on!

Yeh all the wiring is out and the gearbox mount is not attatched to the car. the side of the gearbox though is catching on the sides of the engine bay and there is no room on the other side as the pulleys and belts are touching on the healight surround bit

Clio's
you still at JWA mate?? give me a call and i'll come up and help you 07769712624

No im not at JWA anymore mate. I finished there just after the end of thier season. this car is at a mates in manchester so will prob be a bit far for you to come. Thanks for the offer though

Lionel Richie
na thats not far at all man, easy peasy

you got the engine and box hanging with the box end down?

engine \ box (if you get that!)

like this, but with the box hanging closer to the floor
DSC_0047-2.jpg

Clio's
No, on the engine there is only one of them pick up points so ive been having to wrap around the box to pick the other side up so if anything the box side is higher. Is it only Ph2's that have the other pick up point?

Lionel Richie
you're just missing the brackets then, hook the belt under the plenham or throttle body or something! the engine has to go in with the gearbox lower than the engine, otherwise it won't fit, once the gear box is past the passenger side chassis rail you're laughing