ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Questions about my new K&N 57i Induction Kit

Renault Clio 1.2 Mk2
Hi there,

I recently fitted my 57i air filter although I am yet to fit my induction tube. Has anyone got any pictures of where there induction tube is positioned?

GX6T9kP.jpg

I didn't buy this with a performance improvement in mind , I really bought it mainly for the sound which I am really liking now, this is my first car so I am just experimenting so to speak.

I understand that at the moment, the filter is just getting hot engine air due to its position and lack of induction tube but what are the affects of hot air on my engine, performance aside. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

RB 182 cup
in my opinion, though hot air is less dense blah blah, it will make sod all noticeable difference.

The noise is great fun, on your first car go for it! Im guessing by tube you mean it has a little pipe you can route from the front of the car to the air filter to 'ram air' sounds ace, route it down the path the standard 1*2 inlets take i guess.

Renault Clio 1.2 Mk2
Hi Guys, Have had this K&N air filter on my car for a couple months although personally the novelty of it has sort of worn off. It was fun for a good bit, but now I'm thinking of getting the stock air filter/box back on, as I am probably going to sell the car next year.

I have an MOT coming up after Christmas and wanted your advice on the air filter situation. Firstly, if i were to just keep the k&n on for the MOT, is there any problems/failures I could run into throughout the test, or would it actually be a bit more beneficial to the MOT than the standard stock panel filter?

Also if i am to swap it back to the stock filter, will I be more prone to some problems, I understand my air flow will reduce, which would affect my air flow meter but would it totally f**k it, or would it just adjust?

Lastly for the stock filter, my air duct tube is broken, where would be the best place to get a new one?

Cheers for any help lads.