ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Help - Repairing Damage

Trophy #387
As explained in another thread, I had a bump to my clio.

I am planning on selling it in a few weeks and replacing it with either an RB 182 or a Trophy... So obviously I need to decide whether to sell it as it is, with a scrape/dent in the front wing and a small scratch on the front bumper, or to repair it.

Approximately how much would a front wing (one of the horrible plastic ones) be to buy on a 1.2L Renault Clio Dynamique (2003)... and how much is a front bumper?

I know I could get about £1800 for the car without the damage, but with it I fear the value may fall a lot. Just need to weigh up my options and have a look at what will bring the most money to my pocket.

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Trophy #387
Thanks

I'm not hugely clever when it comes to fitting bits to cars, is this something i'd need to take to a garage to get fitted?

Trophy #387
dont buy the cheap wings they are horible to fit are you sure they just dont need painting

They've got a small crack and are dented, I am happy enough to buy new wings.

EDIT: Bit of a side topic... but... Should I pay my insurance £707 to keep my no claims bonus? Need general opinions, bearing in mind that just for my renewal my premium would be £2400 with 0 yrs NCB or £1880 with 2 yrs NCB.

Last edited:
  Alfa GT Cloverleaf
They've got a small crack and are dented, I am happy enough to buy new wings.

EDIT: Bit of a side topic... but... Should I pay my insurance £707 to keep my no claims bonus? Need general opinions, bearing in mind that just for my renewal my premium would be £2400 with 0 yrs NCB or £1880 with 2 yrs NCB.

I would pay the £707 personally, im sure you will save more than £187 over the next 2 years renewing your insurance without having to disclose a claim within the last 3 years!

Clio
Get to your local breakers youll pick up a wing and bumper for next to nothing, and takes no time atall to fit

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Try renparts...Josh and Kat might have the bits in and at least you know that they are fully aware of what you want/require if they have any in. :)

As above use Renparts if you want them pre painted, also bare in mind that wings arent very expensive brand new from renault, we can do a wing fully painted and dispatch to you (we will put nothing on the part price @trade), for the proper job you'll want the wing blending to the bonnet etc, but i wouldnt worry about it, pearl black isnt a problem colour.

A new genuine wing unpainted from renault for a 53 reg 1.2 is ~£53 inc VAT at trade (id need your plate to confirm), if its pearl black id be able to do a deal on spraying it.