ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Saturday Wash

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Quick wash and removed all the "Renault F1 Team" stickers and took off loads of tar spots on the rear.

IMG_3535.gif

IMG_3541.gif

IMG_3538.gif

IMG_3539.gif

IMG_3537.gif

IMG_3536.gif

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah I don't mean to come over as an arsehole but every modification done to this car has made it look worse :dead:

Edit: Apart from the smaller front plates!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Yeah I don't mean to come over as an arsehole but every modification done to this car has made it look worse :dead:

Every Modification ?

Yozza Sport Exhaust = Ar$ehole ?
Xenon headlights = Ar$ehole ?
182 Rear Bench = Ar$ehole ?
Powerflex Bushes = Ar$ehole ?
Carbon interior bits = Ar$ehole ?
Skoda Front Splitter = Ar$ehole ?
200 rear badge = Ar$ehole ?
Mark Fish Springs = Ar$ehole ?

Front number plate = Amazing

​May aswell scrap it.

Wheels hurt my eyes :dapprove:

(Rest of the car looks awesome though)

Thank you regarding the car, Wheels are not to everyones liking
I prefer the original wheels, but great job otherwise :cheers:

Orignal wheels i still have so if i wanted to change i could but im happy to run about on these ATM

Agree with this personally. Wheels look wrong...

Cant please everyone, Its either love them or hate them, They have grown on me alot but like i say i still have my speedlines

Last edited:

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
th_IMG_0802_zps8506fce0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0802_zps8506fce0.mp4.html

Hi marcR, love the car but hate the marangoni zetas on the rear, i think the clio in this short video had some fitted:bump:

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
th_IMG_0802_zps8506fce0.jpg

Hi marcR, love the car but hate the marangoni zetas on the rear, i think the clio in this short video had some fitted:bump:

Cant beat some sideways action

i know they are cheap tyres heance why they are on teh back and i aint swapping or taking them off as they have a fair amount of tread left

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Car looks lovely...Wheels look fine, prefer the turinis. But i think any aftermarket wheel on a clio dont look as good as the OEM ones, but nice car thou mate

I like the wheels. I'd have them a darker colour though, and i'd put the BTM sticker in the window rather than between the yozza. But it's your car so you should do what ever you want with it, and to be fair that's seems to be what you are doing.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
What do you think of the video Kyle? cliosport trackday? :approve: or next meet?

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Thought the wheels were trims and had to double take.. Think theyd look better darker but itd be boring if they were all the same..

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Every Modification ?

Yozza Sport Exhaust = Ar$ehole ?
Xenon headlights = Ar$ehole ?
182 Rear Bench = Ar$ehole ?
Powerflex Bushes = Ar$ehole ?
Carbon interior bits = Ar$ehole ?
Skoda Front Splitter = Ar$ehole ?
200 rear badge = Ar$ehole ?
Mark Fish Springs = Ar$ehole ?

Front number plate = Amazing

​May aswell scrap it.

Firstly you didn't post photos of the interior... and how the f**k am I meant to know you have powerflex bushes and mark fish springs? :S bit of a retarded response tbh. The exhaust is good but hardly changes the look of it that much does it.

All I noticed was s**t wheels, and a s**t sticker. Also I think the 200 rear badge looks out of place with the Clio badge still on.

By the way, I didn't call you an arsehole so I don't know why you posted that word several times... weird guy!

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Firstly you didn't post photos of the interior... and how the f**k am I meant to know you have powerflex bushes and mark fish springs? :S bit of a retarded response tbh. The exhaust is good but hardly changes the look of it that much does it.

All I noticed was s**t wheels, and a s**t sticker. Also I think the 200 rear badge looks out of place with the Clio badge still on.

By the way, I didn't call you an arsehole so I don't know why you posted that word several times... weird guy!

Taken from what you have said "every modification done to this car has made it look worse"

If you posted like the rest of the users and said that the wheels look wrong and don't go with the car and that sticker looks tacky and should be removed then fair play but to make a statement like the above is a little strange when you know nothing about the car.

If you have a look at this topic below you will see what has been done to the car and also you can see from some of the photos that some things have been removed.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?692396-Trophy-376-(Large-Amount-Of-Pictures)

172 cup
^^Agreed thought it was a tad bit harsh saying every modification has made it look worse when I read his post.

If you're happy with the wheels then who cares, end of the day its your car you payed for so do what you want with it IMO.
I personally prefer turinis and oz f1s but their also not to some peoples liking. I think yours looks smart and very clean.

Get some pics of the scort Rs up :p

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
^^Agreed thought it was a tad bit harsh saying every modification has made it look worse when I read his post.

If you're happy with the wheels then who cares, end of the day its your car you payed for so do what you want with it IMO.

I personally prefer turinis and oz f1s but their also not to some peoples liking. I think yours looks smart and very clean.

+1 especially as you obviously havent read project thread.. Hic
Personally prefer turrinis which you have but if you asked would I have it then yes I'd snap your hand off

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many

The wheels are temp and i guess im too lazy to get my finger out and sort the Turini's plus i want them powder coated with a good set of tyres and funds wont allow it at the moment.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
The wheels are temp and i guess im too lazy to get my finger out and sort the Turini's plus i want them powder coated with a good set of tyres and funds wont allow it at the moment.
If I had wheels and tyres kicking about Id be using them too... Ive not seen your thread but Ill be checking it out now I have a Trophy

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
It's clean, but you know every time u post pics you will get slated for the wheels as per your previous posts. Personally I don't like the wheels, mint turinis would make it perfect

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
It's clean, but you know every time u post pics you will get slated for the wheels as per your previous posts. Personally I don't like the wheels, mint turinis would make it perfect

As its been said 100 times you love them or hate them, There is loads of things i dont like on other clios but i dont lose sleep over it :p

I do have a set of Turini alloys that are sitting and once again its down to the lack of funds and getting my finger out hence why they are not on the car.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
MarcR I also think you should scrap it. Every mod on that car is gash. Its not worth anything to anyone. Tell you what, I will help you out a bit by talking it off your hands and dealing with it myself, how's that sound? :p

nah in all seriousness, a nice trophy project. Wasn't sure on the wheels at first (and I know they are only temp), but after 2 or 3 looks, I think it suits it quite well! Kind of makes the car look longer for some reason. Nice and shiny to :)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I should slam it :cool:

34rula0.jpg

MarcR I also think you should scrap it. Every mod on that car is gash. Its not worth anything to anyone. Tell you what, I will help you out a bit by talking it off your hands and dealing with it myself, how's that sound? :p

Just pop over to mine, You can have the V5 and the 2 keys, Will save me doing a for sale / breaking add cause my car has been destroyed by every mod

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I should slam it :cool:

34rula0.jpg

Just pop over to mine, You can have the V5 and the 2 keys, Will save me doing a for sale / breaking add cause my car has been destroyed by every mod

I'm hopping on a plane right now, make sure you have both keys ready :D lol.

That's something I would actually like to do - drive to Scotland, following the coast as much as possible. Been saying it for years but never had the time or money to execute it :( Maybe this year :)

p.s, I think it looks really good that low...

MKV GTI
Car looks spot on, i even sort of like the wheels they seem to be growing on me the more i look at the car.

As for the modifications , i dont think you could have bought and fitted anything better its EXACTLY what id do if i had a trophy.

Your always gona get marmite opinions on the wheels but like you've said there temporary people dont seem to take in what they read on here, if it were me id keep the wheels on the car to piss off the trophy 'purists'.

Having said all that the car is scrap. Might aswell weigh it in.;)

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
This thread actually makes me laugh a fair amount...

So you've bought a Trophy, which holds a price premium over a 182 Full Fat in the range. Then you've paid to 'spec it up' to include some of the parts of the cheaper models. As a result, you now have cheapo tyres on it. So you have essentially ended up paying more for a 182 full fat (ish) with worse handling.

At least you've got a nice front numberplate.

I really like the trophy as is mate, looks tidy, any more plans for it?

I think though if you were to change wheels I wouldn't put turinis back on.... williams wheels in black/anthracite on slammed trophy = hero!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

Taken from what you have said "every modification done to this car has made it look worse"

If you posted like the rest of the users and said that the wheels look wrong and don't go with the car and that sticker looks tacky and should be removed then fair play but to make a statement like the above is a little strange when you know nothing about the car.

If you have a look at this topic below you will see what has been done to the car and also you can see from some of the photos that some things have been removed.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?692396-Trophy-376-(Large-Amount-Of-Pictures)

Wheels and sticker is all I meant! Because it's all I could see from the photos you posted, I'm sure you get that?

In hindsight, of course the other modifications you mentioned sound good :cool: I've just had a quick look through your project thread and my favourite 'addition' shall we say is the Sachs stickers... awesome!

Disastra Coupe
I'm gonna be blunt... The wheels look s**t. The only reason anybody on here likes them is because they bum OEM and are big into their Renaults, anyone else would tell you they look s**t - and they'd be right.

The car looks tidy, so credit to you there, definitely... But Turinis are generally kept on these for a reason tbh.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I'm gonna be blunt... The wheels look s**t. The only reason anybody on here likes them is because they bum OEM and are big into their Renaults, anyone else would tell you they look s**t - and they'd be right.

The car looks tidy, so credit to you there, definitely... But Turinis are generally kept on these for a reason tbh.

in your opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.