ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick update of my Gordini 200

Sorry but I have seen one in the metal and I really dont like them. I have grown to accept 200s as a whole, but still much prefer the styling of the 197. For me, as has been said, there is too much going on with the gordini, and imo the blue/white combo had its day a long time ago and now looks a bit cheap.

No doubt its a great car, all 200s are, and the spec is top draw, but I couldnt bring myself to own a gordini.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
This right here really gets me on all 200's, looks awful , i mean as if they couldn't have tweeked that plastic wing!

Curleys200A.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I just can't get over the details. The white front spoiler and mirror, just mental. They've really dropped the ball with the styling of the current gen. Terrible.

A ginger with leprosy stands out. Not a good thing though.

200 Gordini
I just can't get over the details. The white front spoiler and mirror, just mental. They've really dropped the ball with the styling of the current gen. Terrible.

A ginger with leprosy stands out. Not a good thing though.

That's it, you're only getting a happy meal now.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
That's it, you're only getting a happy meal now.
And I'm not getting the toy, am I?

I'd like to see a pshop, with the black wheels, and the mirrors/spoiler done black. And the stripes done grey/black.

BG 182 FF
I'd just like to add my opinion in and say that I really like the gordini, and as you said by the time you've specced a FF200 you're actually better off getting a gordini. Plus I think it looks ace and really stands out. Perhaps it's an age thing that the older members don't like it?

1.2 Dynamique 16v
I haven't seen one in the flesh, so maybe my opinion is invalid. But from looking at the pictures, it's definitely not an attractive car as it stands in these pics. Although I'm sure the extras will be worth it once you've swapped the wheels over. Personally I'd colour code the wing mirrors and the front end. But each to thier own obviously! Good luck with it

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Sorry, my local stealers have a Gordini demo which i see out now and again. Think i'm going to put some sick bags in my glove box. That blue's not even vaguely a sporting colour and how black wheels are going to help eludes me.
Does look better minus the clio badge, well done on that front.

AUDI A5 s-sline
looks oryt that mate would probz look better in the flesh, why didnt reno ren the stripes to the bottom of the boot lid! :(

200 Gordini
UPDATES:

Received some goodies:

5227045591_4efd5bc6e1_z.jpg

DSCF0375 by Curley89, on Flickr

5227049241_76a11a9c0e_z.jpg

DSCF0376 by Curley89, on Flickr

Sprayed the anthracite centre caps black through the week:

5227615214_4b22a48167_z.jpg

DSCF0364 by Curley89, on Flickr

5227626004_0710bb436f_z.jpg

DSCF0367 by Curley89, on Flickr

Sanded down with 1200 then 800 grit:

5227631000_8cf84e67df_z.jpg

DSCF0369 by Curley89, on Flickr

3 coats of primer then lightly sanded with 800 grit:

5227040965_e6e1906fde_z.jpg

DSCF0374 by Curley89, on Flickr

3/4 coats of satin black paint:

5227648794_cd9a3ac4ab_z.jpg

DSCF0382 by Curley89, on Flickr

3 coats of lacquer (purely for winter protection) that came out blotchy, it kind of ruined the finish but still better than anthracite:

Before:

5227025549_9f818047e7_z.jpg

DSCF0366 by Curley89, on Flickr

After:

5227657694_a42aff909f_z.jpg

DSCF0391 by Curley89, on Flickr

And these to cover my bolts:

5227653218_60e69e1a08_z.jpg

DSCF0387 by Curley89, on Flickr

Still to come:

- Speedlines and goodies fitted in the morning
- HID's fitted this week hopefully
- Get pictures of my xenon white interior and number plate lights
- Spray side vents black
- Fit plain number plates
- Fit alloy footrest
- RS Tuner 200 map before the new year

Last edited by a moderator:

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
f**k the haterz. At 21 that's an awesome car to have :) Liking the plans too!

I GUESS, YOU KNOW ITS GREAT UNDERNEATH MATE, THAT AIRFIN ON THE FRONT THOUGH, AWWW MANNNNN :( YOU'LL SORT IT THOUGH IM SURE

edit: im not shouting lol

e92 330i
why didn't you buy it ''easy on the eye''? :dapprove:

Didn't he already mention that it has full spec and buying a 200 and adding options would have cost more?

I haven't seen one in the metal but I think it looks good mate, speedlines will look awesome tbh.

200 Gordini
Had the wheels fitted earlier, they've really transformed the car (IMO.. Most probably wont like it still).

Ben (bmh.01) will be fitting my HIDs tomorrow so I'll try and get some good pictures with my new DSLR after.

Didn't he already mention that it has full spec and buying a 200 and adding options would have cost more?

I haven't seen one in the metal but I think it looks good mate, speedlines will look awesome tbh.

LOL Thanks, I have said that a couple of times.

Iceberg 172
Ah, it looks ok to me tbh! OK it wouldn't be my first choice but you seem to go with your head ie... you got a good deal and it'll hold it's money... so well done!

Only thing i'd say is... Paintwork looks orange peely??? Esp close up on the boot lid.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Why have you put 3 layers of clearcoat your black centre caps. The finish is called satin for a reason (no clear coat ;))

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It still needs the mirrors, fin and side vents sorting. Which begs the question of why you bought a Gordini in the first place! lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This right here really gets me on all 200's, looks awful , i mean as if they couldn't have tweeked that plastic wing!

Curleys200A.jpg

Whoever stuck your taxdisc holder in wants fcuking with a shoe. Look at it! All the way up there lonely.