ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue 200

RyanS182

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 200
Put a reservation fee down on a racing blue 200 after months looking! Went for comfort over the 0.001s a cup chassis gives round the streets. Girlfriend drives to work every day, and it's speed bump heaven round here so I decided against it and went for the renaultsport seats not the recaros. Test drove a few cars, and just couldn't get away with the recaros at all. I'm not going to lash it round a track so the cup chassis isn't really appealing and most people have told me it makes barely any difference other than a stiffer ride? I'm going back Saturday to make sure they've cleaned it up and refurbed the alloys And if all is good I'll buy it! Got "SuperGuard" thrown in for free aswell, is it any good?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Why get a 200 if you're not that bothered about the drive/handling?

Surely there are cars that are as fast in a straight line, more comfortable and get better mpg for the same price.

But hey, that's just how my mind works.

Congrats!

It is a better car with Recaros, cup chassis is awesome as well but I've not driven without. People who haven't either will no doubt say it doesn't need them but I think the Recaros make the car!

Superguard is pap but ok if it's free.

RyanS182

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 200
Why get a 200 if you're not that bothered about the drive/handling?

Surely there are cars that are as fast in a straight line, more comfortable and get better mpg for the same price.

But hey, that's just how my mind works.

because I love the look of the car I'm not buying it to lash round a track like over just said. I'm 99% sure that not having 20mm lower ride or whatever it is and stiffer suspension Won't stop me having fun. Looking into it, it seems that if you put a normal vs a cup chassis round a track there's barely any difference. And I just couldn't get away with the recaros, it feels as though I have to climb into the car not just sit. The 2 in my area are around the same price, a LY one with recaros but no air con and the little povo spoiler , and the RB with air con, cup spoiler and black cup alloys, guide me home lights, and it's in mint condition whereas the yellow one has been rallied around for every 1 of the 12k on the clock! Anyway, cup chassis or not I'm happy I got them down to £9k with 16k OTC.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Recaro's and Cup chassis sell 200's I'm afraid but that said - if you're happy with the spec that's all that matters.

Ly 200 & V6
Hope you enjoy :)

I paid 9k for my 200 and that's with all the extras (cup chassis, recaro seats) also had 35000 miles on the clock. The only down side to it was its got budget front tyres on the front.

RB 182 195bhp
Recaro seats make it IMO and cup chassis isn't just lower springs. They have stoffer springs, better shocks, faster steering rack and if its the same as 1*2's it has more caster also. I'd hold out for a cup packed one

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I was chasing a guy from work out of the industrial estate today, he was on his bike so I had no chance anyway... But since I had recaros I could still enjoy the drive and not fall out of my seat due to inertia caused by the cup racer grip.

Tbh the standard seats are as supportive... They just aren't recaros

RyanS182

ClioSport Club Member
  RB Clio 200
Nice car mate, was spot on, almost bought it, if it's the one from benfield.

Yeah mate it is from benfield :) found out that My uncle knows the lad who owned it before and he's really looked after it aswell. He had it from 6-16k miles so it should be good as new still