ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue Caliper Paint

172 Silver Cup
Can Anyone Recommend me a Caliper paint that is a close match to Racing Blue, doesn't have to be spot on as car isn't Racing Blue but love the colour.

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Halfords do brake caliper paint in tins i used there silver which came out good but i think they do a blue too.

Evo 8 MR
Hammerite smooth blue is very close to RB iirc.

If you want an exact match take it to a bodyshop, they won't charge that much to paint the calipers and they won't even need the car for long either. I got mine done flame red, look awesome and they aren't affected by brake dust...so far.

clio 182 cup
I got A RB 182 n halfords caliper paint an is spot on colour match. Don't normally go for halfods stuff but that i recommend.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Hammerite smooth blue is very close to RB iirc.

If you want an exact match take it to a bodyshop, they won't charge that much to paint the calipers and they won't even need the car for long either. I got mine done flame red, look awesome and they aren't affected by brake dust...so far.

Did they take them off and spray them properly?
Charge much?

Hammerite smooth, applied a couple of times with a brush (after you've cleaned the area up) will be more than fine, no need to remove calipers etc.

R26
The darker colour halfords caliper paints are actaully quite good but I would stay away from the yellow and silver, thin as water, needs about 10 coats.

Ive got Hammerite on mine, just cleaned and sanded calipers then 3 coats.

Thing is; when Im using the brakes alot it can go a bit soft, I'd be worried about it on a track day tbh!