ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing Blue; The project thread

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Well, I was going to keep it standard and buy a ph1 to track but since someone bought the one I was after before I had the chance to see it I have decided to just modify the 182 a little.

Rather than start a thread a few months in, thought it best to start now and update as I go along.

So I sold my C2 GT to a mate in October and picked up my 182 for the tidy sum of £3900, 2 owners, FSH, cup suspension, 12 month MOT, 6 month Tax.

Only problems were 85K miles and the abs and traction control lights were on, which the seller promised was just a sensor. Decided to risk it and bought it.

The C2

3641590664_3688b74b54_b.jpg

The clio when i bough it

1052916-1.jpg

1052916-2.jpg

First thing I did was remove the gash tints, gave it a quick detail and then took it to the garage to have the fault codes checked. The mechanic said it was the rear sensor but wanted to clean the connectors up first, he did this and it worked! Only £40 all in too :)

Pics of the clean clio

4052378901_3621114ab0_b.jpg

4053116600_8db451aece_b.jpg

4052365913_4bf09f55d5_b.jpg

Then I went down to Wales to see family, none of which knew anything about cars and since i hadn't been down since I had a naughty blue 1.2 they didn't realise I had even swapped cars :p

Then came the RR day at RS Tuning, where I got very disappointing results of 165.6BHP

4182258063_ef3b1ce7d0_b.jpg

4183000104_bc27c67f7e_b.jpg

Paul (I think) said he thought timing was out so it went straight to my uncles garage.

Checked timing belt and it was new, checked timing and it was spot on.

Gave it a full service, which it needed since it was still on original plugs (should of been changed with the belt :mad:), the oil was filthy and the filters were pretty dirty too. We also found 2 leaks in the exhaust which we gummed up for the time being.

Also checked the tyre pressures, which were all down at 1.5bar (i know i should of checked before my Wales trip :eek:)

Hopefully this should of got it above the 170bhp figure i was hoping for. Would like to get it on the rollers again before xmas, might give rstuning a ring next week. Since gumming up the exhaust and the service the car pulls a lot better though.

Since then i attended the Huddersfield meet, with a wet ride over to Hebden Bridge.

IMG_2339.gif

Most recently came my towing eye from Si on here, and I transferred my plate across.

ba0491c2.jpg

ea7aab23.jpg

So far thats it, I have ordered some silver visions, and white sidelight today and I have a splitter waiting in my uncles garage.

Hopefully getting a yozza exhaust if I get paid right on Tuesday and also on the look out for a cup spoiler.

To come:
  • 15" wheels with R888's for track use
  • Some othe 16" wheels, possibly turinis in anthracite
  • KTR Coilovers
  • Get cruise working
  • New renault sport badge

Titanium 182
Re: RB182 Diary

Ah dude I didn't realise you were the guy who was selling the C2 ! I nearly bought that car after I sold my 182 ! :rasp:

Liking your RB :) I want a 182 again :(

Edit: £3900 ?!? WTF where from ? God damnit ! I sold mine for £6300 lol so that is a bargain !!!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Ah dude I didn't realise you were the guy who was selling the C2 ! I nearly bought that car after I sold my 182 ! :rasp:

Liking your RB :) I want a 182 again :(

Edit: £3900 ?!? WTF where from ? God damnit ! I sold mine for £6300 lol so that is a bargain !!!
Should of bought it, was a minter as Greg would agree.

Cheers, tbh i'm prefferring the ph1 look at the moment :eek:

Got it from a guy in Manchester, his gf had just had a baby and he wanted rid so he could buy a bigger car, between me leaving a deposit and picking it up he had bought a 5 series!

Last edited:
  Titanium 182

If you're interested I would be interested in PXing my ph1 for your RB sometime in the spring.

Titanium 182

I had a feeling you might say that :rasp: pm me if you change your mind march time :D

Fabia vrs tdi

Good stuff, I think my rb only made around 168 at the wheels at 179 at the fly so in reality its probably around 172bhp which is crap and was very disappointed and almost decided to sell it for a wrx or evo. Need 4 new tires and 4 discs so my splitter and springs are on hold.
Something is also catchin on my steering wheels its clicking and making funny noises which is doing my head in but apart from that all good.

That was a mint GT. I enjoyed hanging out the car window to take that pic too LOL.

Still need to see this RB in the flesh Mike! Looks good mind!

Clio 1.8 16V 3d

sooooo much better with out the tint.. !.. and looking so clean in the first few pics.. !.

very nice.

Really like that but I am a bit biased of course ;)
£3900 is a bloody steal too. Mine was one of the cheapest advertised anywhere when I bought it a few months ago at £5k!!

Audi TT 3.2

what a bargin! good progress and plans sound good! mine made 177.9bhp and ive got miltek exhaust, de-cat, itg panel filter, matched inlets and a k-tec remap so the figure you got prob wasnt far out! but mine does pull alot stronger than standard!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Little update, got my splitter fitted today which was my xmas present from my parents, also bought some RS mats and metal footrest from here. Could't be bothered cleaning it though.

4218018685_67cab3103e_b.jpg

4218020887_242bdbc847_b.jpg

And a couple from the snow.

4206144563_2468ebb367_b.jpg

4208932446_4bf2057774_b.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Off topic but a mates C :rasp:

I have a chuckle every time i see it

91211372649277906489127v.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Very nice mate.

Whats wrong with your cruze control?
Cheers.

Dont know about cruise, tried changing both pedal sensors and putting a different map on the ecu. Things left to try are abs ring and steering wheel (might be getting a wheel complete with ring from someone on here though).

I am on the verge of taking it to renault and would do but i have a feeling the wheel could be the problem since mine has very little wear/cracking on it and the car has done 87.5K miles now.

Would like it working asap though with all the 50 cameras that are going live soon between the M1 and brighouse on the M62

DB.

BMW 440i

Id put money on it being a Yozza! Looks identical to the package mine came in!

Its a mission to get off if it is!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Id put money on it being a Yozza! Looks identical to the package mine came in!

Its a mission to get off if it is!
Correct!

Was a pain getting all the packaging off but glad it was there since the exhaust was mint inside.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Got it fitted tonight, whoever said these were quiet systems must have been joking :rasp:

Some pictures of my uncle finishing off fitting it.

4279257097_b67cb4a6d2_b.jpg

4279258069_d5332c27bb_b.jpg

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers guys^^^

Little peek of whats next:

4330823920_87d08516e1_b.jpg

Also got my brakes to do which will hopefully done on Saturday night, a new airbag ring to hopefully fix my cruise to be fitted Sunday and I have booked in for some ktec coilovers at NWP too :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

And fitted:

4332877786_fa9b6745f2_o.jpg

Just took it for a quick spin after i fitted it but not for long since it's rush hour and the biggest difference seems to be the torque, it pulls harder now and it was definitely noticeable driving up my street. For the price it seems pretty good so far but wont say too much before its been for a proper blast.

I know i have the right hand side CAF to remove. I also found a problem with the car when removing the lower CAF, whoever had refitted it had left the other end hanging down the back of the engine which cant have been good for performance. Can only presume the previous owner had an IK fitted and bodged it back to standard to sell it :(

200 Gordini

Coming along nicely. Id recommend getting your coolant changed.. it looks empty

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

Coming along nicely. Id recommend getting your coolant changed.. it looks empty
Cheers

Its on minimum, I fill it to nearly full and it drops back to minimum and stays there so guess thats where it likes to be :). It never drops below minimum so i'm not too concerned.

Last edited:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet

^^^^haha you sure it's not spitting it back out through a hole in a pipe? Mine did this cos it had a slit in a pipe. Looked a f**k on to change but I got it done under warrenty as the last owner had blatantly tried to bodge it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

^^^^haha you sure it's not spitting it back out through a hole in a pipe? Mine did this cos it had a slit in a pipe. Looked a f**k on to change but I got it done under warrenty as the last owner had blatantly tried to bodge it.
I'll have a gander tomorrow but i think its fine since its settling in the same position and holding for months.