ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

radio removal issue

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
The black and the white connectors at the rear of the radio will not come out.
Any suggestions?

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Yes ive tried pushing them towards me and away from me and I just wont budge

Last edited:

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
You have to be doing something wrong. Can you get a photo of the back?

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
20151208_142408.jpg

renault clio 1.4 16v
I remember the plugs being pretty tight, do you still want the old radio? if not. get the hammer.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
I remember the plugs being pretty tight, do you still want the old radio? if not. get the hammer.

I was about to when I had the Idea of getting a thin flat-head between those gaps to almost 'prize' it open. After a tug of war game with myself I eventually got it open. Turns out it was just 14 years of 'toughness' haha.

Thank yous for your help!! :)

Clio 182 Cup
I did this at the weekend. They are hard to remove. I eventually used a screwdriver on mine to prise them a little (just below those tabs on the bottom of your photo) while pushing in the release catches on the connector on the other side. They are also hard to push back in. Just persevere they will come out and maybe use a screwdriver like I did.

Clio 182 Cup
I did this to replace the heater unit because the paint was flaking off. If you are just doing that then I also don't think you actually need to unplug those connectors.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
I did this to replace the heater unit because the paint was flaking off. If you are just doing that then I also don't think you actually need to unplug those connectors.
Naa, was just replacing the radio with a new one :smile: