ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

radio security code

Clio 172 Cup

i recently disconnected my battery from my Clio Cup, as someone advised me that it would resest the ECU. anyway after doing this the radio now wants the 4 digit security code, which i dont have. I bought the car second hand. Are all codes different? Is there any way of finding this out? Like is it written anywhere within the car etc or do i just conact my dealer?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

how many manuals did you get with the car?

one of them says "service and warranty"

Clio 172 Cup

didnt get any. Had to blag renault to even get a proper car manual, and the radio instruction booklet. NO other books. Just a sheet of paper with a few tick boxes on it.

Clio 172 Cup

well its a year old now. 52 plate. And the warranty is only a yeat isnt it? Or am i being thick here?

But they didnt supply me with the book in the first place?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

nah just kidding you really need this book mate its essential get on to them.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

Ooh, sorry mate:oops:, forgot about the std stereo needing a code. Just take your car to Renault and give them your VIN number and theyll get the code for you.

Clio 172 Cup

viceroy....no worries i have to go to the garage anyway to sort all my probs out. Have a look at the general discussion page, dangerous cup-please help post and see wat i have to put up with from renault. Now i have to get the service manual off Renault too. I dont think there is any way i will get hold of it. Maybe i should ring the guy who previously owned the car?

Does this mean my car may of been in a really bad crash, repaired and sold to me? And i wouldnt know about it? Could it be renault doing a dodge, burning the service manual or summat!?!?!?

Shhh

As for the radio code it should not be a prob as long as you smile. A tip is to write on the radio what the code is, i know this sounds a bit stupid, but who is going to want to steal a head unit that is no good without the seperate display.Try making a 6 digit number..and you know that its the last 4...first 4..etc...

They may require the head unit, to take the number off the back as the head unit might of been swopped. This happends when the likes of me goes and buys a used car...(Im like,...i want a cd player...that cars got one.....can we swop it..)...

As for the warranty..? Did you buy the car from a dealer..as im not too sure on how you stand with the warranty from a private sale car..i heard from a mechanic mate...ex ford, that you lose the warranty..? Dunno..but be cautious when entering that era....i got a 02 clio..and i got 3 yrs warranty...so i cant see why you got 3 yrs....

As for the other post with the steering prob...my old car was a XR2i, and i knew how you feel with the steering..on them and the clio, they call it Speed related steering..the faster you go, the lighter the steering. Well sort of a nightmare for me, as mines been in for steering, as when you take your hands off the steeriing wheel @ 70mph in the outside lane, within 5-6secs you in the hard shoulder..explain that to the renault blokey..he goes out on a 30mph test drive....naa thats ok matey......

Get them out in the car with you driving and do a hands free experiment.... a rattle is a rattle, i had a wheel bearing change...sort of a wheering noise...and louder under braking...

My clio is a Aug 02..

Shhh

if it came from a dealer, you should get the code, new book all from them. Just tell them that you tried to use the radio one day..and it went to code.

Say you put the key to ignition, then put it to the start postion, and the radio went off, then the car started and the radio was "code". This happened to a renault laguna we had a courtsey car...

307 hdi (powered by derv)

my battery went dead on holiday and the aa came out and the battery was disconected. I rang up my dealer and they told me over the phone, just had to give them the reg, name, address.