ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random Act of Violence on the Trophy..

RX7 FD
I was driving down some of my local back roads minding my own business when I come round a corner passing 3 lads walking along the road when I hear a thump and didn't think much of it. Checked my rear view mirror to see these lads basically flipping me the bird and stumbling a bit (assumed they were a bit pissed from the pub down the road)>

When I parked up at my destination I thought I would check make sure nothing was amiss and low and behold I see the following damage to the T

IMAG0264.jpg

IMAG0263.jpg

IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0261.jpg

Looking at the damage I can only assume one of these ever so kind gentlemen kicked my car as I went passed. Great.... So any advice as to what people have done with regards to Dent Doctors / Bodyshops would be appreciated as this has never happened to me before!

Dent doctors won't do anything with that. Bodyshop job, decent one should be able to save that quarter panel, going to have a fair chunk of filler on it now though I'm afraid!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
:( So sad mate.

Make sure they don't fit a new quarter. There is plenty of access behind the quarter card.

If the job is done right you should only need minimal filler work. Not many real panel beaters around these days though.

Clio 182 Trophy #229
Truly a sad sight :(
It is such a shame you didnt notice at the time and reverse over them, again...and again....and again. I hope it doesn't cost you too much to fix, it is just sad that we have to live along side such oxygen thieves.

Fiesta ST-3
I'm not being funny but that dent and the marking on the paint look far to big to be a kick? And that sort of thud I would be stopping straight away!

RX7 FD
I am pretty sure it was a kick, due to the dust and dirt on the bodywork. There was no one lying dead on the road either, it was a surprisingly quiet thump. I know Renault body work is soft but that takes the cake!

RX7 FD
100% no Scott. This was done while I was moving. Bodywork was fine before I left home and had the damage done by the time I reached my destination. I wasn't out of the car at all, unfortunately it was criminal damage.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Think I'd rather have a new quarter in that? nothing worse than a panel full of filler whilst looking down the flanks!

Also that would need a fair kick to induce that, I tried to kick something similar out of my old Punto GT, and it takes loads more effort than you think!

Last edited:
  S3 Sportback, Ninja
I had this happen to me in my first car on NYE on the way to a party. 2 Lads on the side of the road and 1 lad kicked the car. I had a car full of big lads so we got out and kicked the living s**t out of the pair of them. They turned out to be foriegn. Mine was nowhere near as bad as yours though and my mate got some bars and popped out the dent for me.

Mini Cooper S sport
Jesus there are some cnuts in the world. Sad to see :(

Is there really no way that can be pulled out?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
c***s, although 3 pissed up scummers, vs one lad, had you stopped it could have been you with the dents :(

172 Cup
Spineless jealous c*nts, sorry to hear of this mate. Things like this really boil my p*ss so i cant imagine how you feel, hope it gets sorted without too much hassle dude

RX7 FD
Yea it was the reason I didn't stop. I have no delusions, suck up the damage and look after my face. Its only a car and its only money...but still.

Just what happend to a little love of the fellow mans possessions!

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
What pub in basingstoke was it Dave? Ive got alot of mates out there. Somebody might of heard somthing about it? Gloating etc? Im gutted for you man and i know how it feels some bellend tried to nick my wheels the other week!

Rob.

RS6 C7
Looks more like you have hits someone/ something or someone hi you, i had a quick go at the clio i was breaking and its harder than you think to do that sought of damage. Doubt a kick would leave that HUGE dent and scrape.

RX7 FD
It wasn't far from the Broomsquire and Pelican pubs in Tadley mate. So not the best of areas to start with.

Going to try and use this as a positive and get the rest of the paint niggles sorted while I am at it.

Tim that bodyshop in Hook looks good, if the website is anything to go buy!

RX7 FD
Looks more like you have hits someone/ something or someone hi you, i had a quick go at the clio i was breaking and its harder than you think to do that sought of damage. Doubt a kick would leave that HUGE dent and scrape.

I just realised I linked the photos in the wrong order. The last 2 are with all the dust and crud still on it. The first 2 are when I wiped it off, there is very little serious paint marking.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
It wasn't far from the Broomsquire and Pelican pubs in Tadley mate. So not the best of areas to start with.

Going to try and use this as a positive and get the rest of the paint niggles sorted while I am at it.

Tim that bodyshop in Hook looks good, if the website is anything to go buy!

Yeah there not best areas buddy, not the point though is it!? If i hear anything at all i will let you know! That bodyshop is good too buddy, my house mate had some work done there on his car, there two seconds away from me lol!

Black 172
You looked in the rear view and saw him stumbling... probably because he'd just broken his foot judging by that damage!

He was probably steel toecapped to do that kind of damage though. I still hope he's damaged his foot.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Was it well priced as well pal for a good standard of work?

Im unsure how much he paid mate, i'd ask him but he's in spain lol! If you get a quote and your not happy with it though. drop me a pm and i will see if the bodyhop i work at can beat it? Its based in Aldershot though depends wether you'd want to drive a bit further?

Rob.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
OUCH!!!

Sorry to see this mate, here's hoping you can get it sorted.