ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattle after suspension change.

2005 Clio 182 FF
I changed the front and rear dampers and installed new top mounts and modified top hat on my 182 ff.

I'm now getting a rattle at the front offside when driving, it seems to go away after about 10 mins? I Havnt had a chance to check it yet , I'm going to do this after work today. Top mounts were torqued to 20nm and lower strut bolts 105nm.

I used copper grease as a assembly grease when putting it back together, I hear this is incorrect ? Is it because of galvanic corrosion or what's the story with it? Ill clean it off if it's going to cause mayhem.

PH2 172
I changed the front and rear dampers and installed new top mounts and modified top hat on my 182 ff.

I'm now getting a rattle at the front offside when driving, it seems to go away after about 10 mins? I Havnt had a chance to check it yet , I'm going to do this after work today. Top mounts were torqued to 20nm and lower strut bolts 105nm.

I used copper grease as a assembly grease when putting it back together, I hear this is incorrect ? Is it because of galvanic corrosion or what's the story with it? Ill clean it off if it's going to cause mayhem.
Read the thread posted by CS member andy_casey entitled (172 new top mount/modified spacer issues).

Last edited:
  2005 Clio 182 FF
investigated it further today, seems to be the offside rear any ideas? I refitted the shock top mounts but no joy.