ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattling Passenger seat 182.

197-I love!!!

Is there anyway to stop the passenger seat rattling on a 182 without taking it to a dealer-I think I have heard of this problem before and please dont say turn up the Radio!!!
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Lee

BMW M2C

I had this on my 172 and 182. New runners fix it for a while but it usually comes back.

The odd thing with mine is that it got really bad a month back, then I did a track day at Brands Hatch and since then its been fine!!!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

is this when the passenger seat is set to it furthest setting back? mine does that also....

i just click it forward a bit and it doesnt do it anymore... to be honest i dont notice it above the rattle i have from the little cubby holder above the radio on top of the dash!

only have that one since ive done my maximum velocity testing at nardo...;)

BMW M3

yeh, i had the same problem with my new 182 and fixed it under warrenty by the dealership. New runner was required...

197-I love!!!

Ive tried moving the seat in different positions but doesnt seem to work-Think Ill take it back to the dealer and get them to sort it-Thanks for the thoughts.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Ive got so many rattles on mine now its crazy - my ears are permanantly bleeding from having the stereo on 22.

Gotta love the Renault build quality.

Yer i know exactly what u mean leeds i think im going deaf cos i spend so much time in my clio (with the radio on 22+ to drown out the rattles).

BMW M3

Yeh, those rattels are really annoying. Originally, most of my rattles came from above the passenger footwell. I think it was the relay box (judging from where the clicking noises of the windscreen wipers and electric windows were coming from) which i managed to fix by wedging a car wash sponge up there. Now my occational ralles come from the dash. A couple of pushes here and there seems the fix the problem until the next pot hole.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by seb182 on 04 June 2005
is this when the passenger seat is set to it furthest setting back? mine does that also.... i just click it forward a bit and it doesnt do it anymore... to be honest i dont notice it above the rattle i have from the little cubby holder above the radio on top of the dash! only have that one since ive done my maximum velocity testing at nardo...;)

if its just when the seat is in its futhest position it is becasue the seat belt clicker is trapped between the seat and the side pillar and rattles, mine does this so I have to move it forward slightly and bobs your uncle!