ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB 200 Cup + Cup spoiler

M

mini-valver

All the hate for the 200 is beyond me. Put a 197 and 200 side by side and the 197 looks so so dated. The 200 is FAR nicer in the flesh, granted the wheels on them standard are gash but nothing a dealer spec up to Speedlines wont sort.

Cup spoiler is a MUST too IMO.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like a fiat punto from the side..

Why 197 to 200.?

197 to 225 yes...then remap..

200,no.. just no..

its an improved version of the already awesome 197 so why not....

shorter ratio box, more low down power, more top end power and torque, better mpg, better suspension and steering.

theres not really a a part of the car they havn't touched in some way!

MCS R56
All the hate for the 200 is beyond me. Put a 197 and 200 side by side and the 197 looks so so dated. The 200 is FAR nicer in the flesh, granted the wheels on them standard are gash but nothing a dealer spec up to Speedlines wont sort.

Cup spoiler is a MUST too IMO.

I don't think the 197 looks dated compared to the 200. The 200 has grown on me but it still looks weird at some angles. I still wouldn't though and that spoiler is superchav! If someone had planted one of them on a 182 they would have been shot down!

Wheels totally make or brake a car, imo.

Barge
Looks bloody awesome in RB. The 'standard' wheels look a lot better in person, still, they wouldn't be my choice I'd always opt for Speedlines - but still, an awesome car. Very jealous.

PS 200
Spoiler's not to my personal taste - but then I love the wheels :D.

And the front.

I wonder if there will ever be a thread about the 200 on here that doesn't have a "Hate the wheels" or "Hate the nose" post.

Doubt it :rasp:

ps Looks good in all colours :cool:

STEALTH RAIDER
My mate got the correct spoiler fitted yesterday after a dealership mix-up...I think I'm in lurve and now thinking how much I could get for my lovely mint condition well cared for 172 Cup LOL. The 200 Cup's run in now so had a proper run out in it, I want one, badly.

100_5972.jpg

100_5981.jpg

100_5990.jpg

100_5996.jpg

100_5999.jpg

100_6000.jpg

Hi there, if after ordering my 200 soon. Could you ask your mate if the drivers side recaro seat is height adjustable and possibly take a pic of the base of the seat? Cheers, Lew :D

STEALTH RAIDER
Bloody awful! Would much rather save my money and get a 197 without the trinkets.

Thats what you would rather do. Their car, your opinion which is very rude. Put it in a different context then maybe your opinion would be accepted!!!!

172, Tiguan
The 200 is a massive step forward from the 197 imo.

They look bloody awful and that one's no exception, but the drive totally makes up for it. I'd love one!!

Clio 197 R27 F1 Team #462
the drivers side recaro is height adjustable. As for the spoiler, I have been looking at one for my R27, I think I would have the end caps sprayed aswell, looks less in your face:

unsprayed:
cup2.jpg

sprayed:
cup1.jpg

STEALTH RAIDER
the drivers side recaro is height adjustable. As for the spoiler, I have been looking at one for my R27, I think I would have the end caps sprayed aswell, looks less in your face:

unsprayed:
cup2.jpg

sprayed:
cup1.jpg

Cheers Adrian, are you sure about the height adjustment? The recaros are different in the 200's than the 197. Need to be a definate as i wont order them otherwise. My lega are a little on the short side, lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cheers Adrian, are you sure about the height adjustment? The recaros are different in the 200's than the 197. Need to be a definate as i wont order them otherwise. My lega are a little on the short side, lol

No diffrenet other than cloth. Yes they are hight adjustable

STEALTH RAIDER
Cool, cheers mate. Only problem that lies is, if i get the recaros for my blue 200, will they have the yellow dotted centre cloth? I havent seen any plain black ones like the 197 has. I think a blue car with yellow seats will look a bit :dead:. What colour are they in this blue one?

320d
When the Cup dies I think you should get one Mark. Can pick them up for <£13000 too if you don't want the toys. I want one in AG.

GTD, Lupo
The seats are height adjustable. They dont go very low but there is a little adjustment in it :D. Lew to be honest mate i think the only colour availible for the seats is the yellowy colour. I have them in mine and think they would look ok on the blue. You also get the yellow dials so its still going to have yellow and blue no matter what you choose :D.

Paul

STEALTH RAIDER
The seats are height adjustable. They dont go very low but there is a little adjustment in it :D. Lew to be honest mate i think the only colour availible for the seats is the yellowy colour. I have them in mine and think they would look ok on the blue. You also get the yellow dials so its still going to have yellow and blue no matter what you choose :D.

Paul

I guess so mate, the thing is, i need to go up on the seat and not down!!!! Do they go up enough? Im guessing its the area under your butt that lifts up? I dont want to make a mistake as i had to pump the standard seat up 4 times to get me seated right.

GTD, Lupo
I guess so mate, the thing is, i need to go up on the seat and not down!!!! Do they go up enough? Im guessing its the area under your butt that lifts up? I dont want to make a mistake as i had to pump the standard seat up 4 times to get me seated right.

Yeah they go up loads just dont go down from the strandard height. The whole seat rises.

I would say deffo get the the seats. Will be a strong selling point when it come to selling the car. Makes the car just a little bit more special. Dont get the spoiler though its not too nice.

Paul

Clio 197 R27 F1 Team #462
Dont think you have to have the recaros in yellow either, they come as part of a pack?
I will investigate !

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Reckon the spoiler looks better than without for sure. Bit of an s1600 feel to it:cool:

Not a fan of the wheels though, they look a bit lost.

GTD, Lupo
Yep fletcher is right only come in yellow. The theme for the interior on the 200 is yellow. If you get the yellow trim package it all goes together. As standard the dials are already yellow. With the yellow trim package you get yellow bolsters and head rest on seats. Yellow centre line on the steering wheel and yellow plastic trim.

The only way to get non yellow recaros is to buy them from recaro (i think £1k+ with airbags) or buy second hand.

2009-renault-clio-renaultsport-200-interior-588x370.jpg

renault-clio-renaultsport-200-genebra-3.jpg

Paul