ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB Clio 182 a Silverstone (Ford Fair) yesterday with pic!

PH1 172
Spotted you yesterday at Ford Fair.....Did you get lost as you were at a Ford show lol

managed to snap a pic of you too...

DSC_0014_zps66e0232c.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ford Fair has a rule about ONLY fords on track. But everyone breaks it, but cause I sometimes write for the mag, I have to set a good example, so consequently cant really be seen to be there in a clio. Such a shame as it was an epic event when we used to be allowed out in non-fords!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ford Fair has a rule about ONLY fords on track. But everyone breaks it, but cause I sometimes write for the mag, I have to set a good example, so consequently cant really be seen to be there in a clio. Such a shame as it was an epic event when we used to be allowed out in non-fords!

Flol! How sad is that? That's like saying only renaults or clios are aloud at CSS.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Flol! How sad is that? That's like saying only renaults or clios are aloud at CSS.

Makes perfect sense TBH, its a ford show, for people into fords to enjoy fords, and to watch fords on track.

Otherwise what ends up happening is it just ends up yet another multi make show like a small version of trax, and then loses all its focus and the original target audience lose interest.

Just like you will NEVER pick up a copy of fast ford and find a feature of a Clio on the cover, if people are buying a single make mag or going to a single make show, it is because its that make that they are interested in, so it makes perfect sense to limit the stands and track time to just that make.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Makes perfect sense TBH, its a ford show, for people into fords to enjoy fords, and to watch fords on track.

Otherwise what ends up happening is it just ends up yet another multi make show like a small version of trax, and then loses all its focus and the original target audience lose interest.

CSS is still mainly focused on Clios though even though anyone can go in whatever they want.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
CSS is still mainly focused on Clios though even though anyone can go in whatever they want.

You can go to fordfair and park in the carpark in anything you want too, but the show itself is about fords and the track time is meant to be as well.

PH1 172
I was ment to go in a Ford but ended up going in a Vauxhall zafia...Oh joy lol

Ah sad times, 3dr was cool but YB'd coffins is where it's at & I'm sure Mike will build something special with it!

It's Munch from PF btw...

Trophy #491
I saw this too. Didnt think about getting a pic though...

There was an Orange one by all the Jamsport cars too

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250
I saw this also parked up beep hind Brooklands no there was a Trophy parked 2 cars behind me in the car park with CSS and Cliosport sticker in the back. Also noted the Jamsport R27 and Inferno.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's usually because they don't want a load of people turning up and hogging the track for some cheap track time and driving like hoodlums.
It's not so much about driving standards its that they have people in fords wanting to get on track and they can't cause its fully booked and then its by non fords which seems unfair to the ford owners.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
You can go to fordfair and park in the carpark in anything you want too, but the show itself is about fords and the track time is meant to be as well.

Can you not park in the grounds though? Fair enough track time as tyou say, would be unfair if it was fully booked up with other makes.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Can you not park in the grounds though? Fair enough track time as tyou say, would be unfair if it was fully booked up with other makes.

There are normally a few non fords on the stands, although TBH its frowned upon, the carpark though anything is allowed.

If you are going to a single make event, I think its a fair expectation its only that make on display and on track personally, otherwise whats the point in having it single make?

Cliosport saturday though for example, is about cliosport the website, rather than the clio sport range of cars, so at that I think its fair enough people arriving in whatever they want as people use the forum with whatever they want anyway so same rules should apply.

So despite the similar names, I think the two are very different.

fiesta zetec s 1.7
Haha yeh that's me , I been going to ford fair for years my mate bought track time but didn't end up going so he gave it to me so I thought why not , I've got a video of the track session so I'll try to get it uploaded at some point ..

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I see your rb on track! My mates (fiesta lot) were laughing saying that you was behind the fords, I corrected them by saying that you was coming round to lap them! ;)

Also see mikey's supercharged 197 and inferno 182 next to it.

PH1 172
Haha yeh that's me , I been going to ford fair for years my mate bought track time but didn't end up going so he gave it to me so I thought why not , I've got a video of the track session so I'll try to get it uploaded at some point ..

Haha..case closed now we found the owner lol

Have fun out on track...i must of missed you!

fiesta zetec s 1.7
I see your rb on track! My mates (fiesta lot) were laughing saying that you was behind the fords, I corrected them by saying that you was coming round to lap them! ;)

Also see mikey's supercharged 197 and inferno 182 next to it.
haha yeh i managed to overtake quite a few of them , unfortunatly i had to drop off near the end as i used more fuel than i thought i was going to and was getting quite bad fuel surge on the pit straight and some corners so that runined the last 2 laps really , but all in all it was a good time , love the handling of my cup its the best handling standard car ive driven just need some decent tyres for it now lol

Haha..case closed now we found the owner lol

Have fun out on track...i must of missed you!
yeh it was really good mate first time around silverstone with me driving so it was good to see what its like , did you have a good time aswell ?