ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

re spray

clio 197
how much will i be looking at for a rear bumper bonnet and front bumper respray on my 197...

and the rear bumper on its own?

also a full re spray if its worth wild lol

i dont think its gunna be too cheap the cars a 197 in ultra red

lbrench

ClioSport Club Member
  F250 6.7 / VW GLI.
about a grand for a full respray and to put it in perspective for my rear quarter, rear bumper, bullets and badges to be sprayed was about 400

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
about a grand for a full respray and to put it in perspective for my rear quarter, rear bumper, bullets and badges to be sprayed was about 400

Double that an add a little more for all the prep work thats needed for a full respray

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A grand? Can I get that in writing as i'm needing work done.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Why not find a local body shop and contact them? Surely they will give you a price.

clio 197
becuase im busy at work and just thought about it ( i know your all going to say cant be busy if on here) but meh

im just wondering if it would be worth doing basically

ok so if i wanted just my rear bumper and front and door handels what would that be?

Personally i'd say:

Rear bumper to be prepped and painted: £150-220

Door handles: £40-90

Full respray including door shuts and engine bay: £2-4.5k

All imo, Just off what ive heard before, Actual quotes i and my mates have got before..

Everything can be done cheaper but can effect quality... Might be someone you know in the trade etc... Or you can pay a fortune and have a good job done... Then again get ripped off and have a s**t job done..

Make sure you get a good reputation body shop.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
It will have cost me about £400 in materials for a full respray, and im doin the work myself

Clio 182 arctic
when people say all these quotes of 2k +. y, what sort of prep work is needed, not every car has crazy panel damage on every bit of the car. most cars will have a few stonechips which is not time consuming to a professional. so that just leaves rubbing down, masking up and spraying.
and when people say a 1k respray is gonna be s**t, ur talkin balls. if its done by paddy at corner garage in 1 hour then yes, but a lot of bodyshops are cheap and knock out good work. how else could they compete with dealers, insurance repairers. i had my ; 2 doors, rear quarter, rear bumper and skirt done because of dings for £150. yes it was a foreigner but it shows that it doesnt cost as much as people think. te guy still had a very tidy profit out of that.

Clio 182 arctic
Pics needed of this paint job.

its bob on mate, no need for pics. a year on and still bob on. y people cant believe that good jobs can be done for cheap is unreal.
its like going to renault for a cambelt change, you wouldnt do it. y. because its cheaper somewhere else for the same job, like i said, aslong as it isnt some backstreet garage then the work is generally fine.

Bob on to some people is a disaster to others. No offence to you, but I can't see how £150 for all that can possibly be anything better than cack. Prove me wrong.

Clio 182 arctic
if it was a forigner he probably didnt pay for the materials.. hense the cheap price
yes but like you said. £400 for materials, so therefore whats left if you took that to a bodyshop is just labour. £600 wort of labour is a heck of a lot of someones time. a £1000 respray is cheap. im not saying it isnt, im just saying, it doesnt mean its gonna be shyt.

Clio 182 arctic
Bob on to some people is a disaster to others. No offence to you, but I can't see how £150 for all that can possibly be anything better than cack. Prove me wrong.
but whats a disaster, its the same colour as the rest of the car, it hasnt flaked, it doesnt look like orange peel and the guy who did it has been doing it for over 15years, did it in a proper spray booth, oven etc in a working bodyshop but just for cheap because he owed a favour.