ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear brake problem

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Hi. Driving my car today when I heard a 'doyng' noise from the rear. It seems that one or both of the brake shoes on the o/s have come adrift. The handbrake is also coming up a lot higher. Until I have a look tomorrow I'm not 100% so has anyone had this problem??? Thanks

Lots of Alfas
Very common problem, sounds like one of your cables might have snapped or like you said a shoe has come adrift although to be honest its that long since I worked on drums I cannot remember what they look like on the clio.

D

dick

ye its a common thing on new shoes really, as they arent allowed asbestos, RAC man told me when happened on mine and got stuck.

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Very common problem, sounds like one of your cables might have snapped or like you said a shoe has come adrift although to be honest its that long since I worked on drums I cannot remember what they look like on the clio.
Hi and thanks. Yeh, personally i think its the shoe thats come off as the car does not want to move. After the noise happened it was driving forward ok but reverse was a different matter. Like I say, I will have a look tomorrow and sort it. Thanks

Yep common issue new brakes shoes you'll need best git it fixed right now.

If you don't you'll end up stuck the rear drums will lock up.

D

dick

ye, just a new set of shoes, youll have to do some grinding aswell i think on the inside of the drums as they will be all scorn.

i think it will be the leading shoe.

have u been doing handbrake turns.... dont lie.

1.2 16v Dynamique.
No, no handbrake turns! Honest, Im a driving instructor. New shoes it is then. Glad it happened now and not when Im driving to Wembley on Aug 5th!

D

dick

haha, i dont envy your job, i was a f**king menace, instructor was always grabbing wheel lol
but 1 time was going down this road (had traffic calming measures - lots of chicanes) and i got it a bit wrong, and he didnt grab it in time, NEW lower arm please, ahaha

D

dick

so how many is average then mate? for people not driving other cars at all?

1.2 16v Dynamique.
If your asking what people are like if they have never drove before, it all depends on the person really. Usually the younger they are the quicker they learn and if someone is super clever then they are normally 'thick' when it comes to driving a car.

CB600FS
Heath get it to Renault mate if its less than four years old, unlimited mileage warranty on rear shoes on all Clios.

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Heath get it to Renault mate if its less than four years old, unlimited mileage warranty on rear shoes on all Clios.
Doh! Its 6 years old. Just my luck. Is there any thing special they do or is it just a case of replaceing the shoes? Cheers

1.2 16v Dynamique.
Sorted. The friction material had come off one of the shoes and jammed the drum. New shoes all round now and running great again. Thanks all!