ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Dimond Removal

Can anyone help me out with how to remove the rear dimond? Found out how to remove the full handle with dimond bit i want to remove thedimond to paint.
Also where can i buy new renault sport rear badge off the passenger side boot lid?

Thanks

We use a mini blow torch (gas solder iron with torch nib) , warm up the 4 pins one at a time pushing the diamond at the same time in each corner as you warm it, it will pop out 100% intact. (They do need to get hot hot hot!)

Cheers,
Simon @ SS

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I just masked mine up and sprayed it, comes out alright if you're careful.

RearDiamondlowres.jpg

I took off the entire bit that Dave posted a picture of - it's only held on by 3 nuts iirc (and the linkage).

Remove the three bolts and pull the whole surround out.

I just whacked the diamond off tbf, got no patience with this stuff.

Not glued it back on either.

All painted up now. Just placed it in now its stook there so dont look like it needs any glue.
Thanks for everyones help :)

Think i might just buy new ones and spray them before i fit them as there stuck on and not clipped on. Unless i can remove them them and find a way to stick them back on?

172 CUP
Double sided sticky tape just a pain to cut it to shape lol. I snapped my R on Renault taking mine off and looked better without so wasn't that bothered.

Going to see about the rear plate tomorrow. Whats behind the plate? Is it flat wnough for another sticker? Nice cheap and light weight haha