ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Shock Fitting Problem - help!

PH1 172
Fitted my 172 gaz coilovers today. Did the fronts fine etc but when going to do the back i ran into a rather big problem - no matter how or what we try we cannot get the top bolt on when both rubber (lower and upper) bushes are on.

I attached both shocks at the bottom with the one long bolt - dropped the car down (springs are at their lowest) and fed the shock up through the hole. Pulled the shock up through to put the upper bush on but once it is on its not even close to being able to get the top bolt on.

Tried jacking the wheel up etc but no luck.

WHen i pull the shock out and look at the lower rubber bush it is seated properly and up fine - but when puttin the top one on and pulling it up through the thread simply doesnt seem big enough - any ideas?

Need it fixed asap!

Ross

PH1 172
ps should the rear shocks have come with the own top mounts? the standard ones do fit and can just be tightened off the car - or am i missing something very obvious?

Ross

try taking the bottom bolts out, while its on jacks, feed the shock up through the wheel arch in to the boot that way. thats how I did it when I replaced mine.

Then lower it down until the bottom hole is in line with the rear beam, fit lower bolt, job done.

the reason it may not fit, is that you have your platforms set really high