ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear shockers....

Clio sport 182
Hiya guys.
Right i know rear shockers are a common fault for leaking.
I posted bout this few weeks back, but only got round to fitting it now.
New shocker isnt a renault part is a spurious brand new one.
I know some shockers may take time to settle in, such as new side is slightly higher sat on the road than old side, and i know that will be because of wear and what not. But i wanted to check the travel on the new to old.
So jacked up new side and then old side and found that the new side has nearly and inch and ahalf more travel!!!
Will this settle after its been worked/ is it because its spurious/ or am i being a geek and literly measuring everything and over worrying??

Clio sport 182
Yeah i know this. But im a sport owner with a mortgage a son and a hole in my wallet called a wife haha.
Like i say i know you should and if i was ever to do a track day or miss treat her evert now an again and give her some stick id fully agree.

Last edited:
  Clio 182 Fiat Coupe
Should always change shocks in pairs!!! thats a golden rule!

Indeed you should!!

By replacing just the one you can actually end up with a worse handling car than before.

I know you mentioned the money situation, but ALWAYS replace in pairs.