ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear shocks????

2 litre twin turbo estate
right i have a knocking (more of a dull thudding at low speeds) on the back of my 182 searched the forum and the rear shockers seem to be the most common culprit i have looked under the car there are no oil leaks and the handling is fine on it.. just wondering if it could be anything else eg. exhaust catching on something or to just go ahead and buy a pair of shockers

2 litre twin turbo estate
was wondering the same.. was just thinking if the rear shockers do go is there a noticeable difference?? or do people only findout when its been in a garage mot time ect..

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mine never leaked, i just felt something was odd, so removed one at a time, then bounced the car, drivers side was fecked, was like a pogo stick.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
was wondering the same.. was just thinking if the rear shockers do go is there a noticeable difference?? or do people only findout when its been in a garage mot time ect..

You will notice when a rear shock is blown, handling is bumping and bouncing all over the place with a real lack of grip at the rear end. Mine was knocking for almost a week before I notice the fluid leaking, but then I'd just thrashed it down a real bumpy B-road for a road test

Last edited: