ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Tyre Rubbing on Metal

Hiya,

Done a search but couldn't find much. Recently been finding that on hard cornering to the right, the rear nearside tyre has been rubbing. Had a look, and on the inside shoulder of the tyre its gone all shiny, looks almost like it would if I had coloured it in with a pencil, and there are rub marks on the metal chassis at the 2 o'clock position on the wheel. I've only noticed this very recently, but the car has had an MOT since it happening and nothing was highlighted there.

Any ideas? The tyre does seem to sit very close to the chassis on the rear nearside, is that normal?

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
my clio did it when i put 17's on, could always get some small spacers?

Cheers for the idea Addz, but seeing as its OEM everything, I want to sort it out properly... so I've ground that bit of metal down a few mil which seems to have done the trick! I've blatantly jinxed it by posting this though

Shhh
had this, rubbed paint off.

basically its the body roll of the car, and the tyre touching.

want to fix it, dont turn that hard that the tyres start to squeel.. ;)