ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro,cobra or similar seats.

phase 2 172
Looking for some nice seats for my 172 cup,spec must be as light or lighter than a standard cup seat,also trying to set a budget for 500 pound this includes 2 seats and sub frames.Any body got any ideas(pics or links?),not after full on track seats ,just something that looks better than my poor old looking cup seats .Hope I'm not being to vague.thanks in advance.

RB 182 Cup
aterro has a great pair of seats in his 182

ube8ymy6.jpg

Might be worth 'pm'ing him, they look quite expensive though

phase 2 172
They look great,just seen 2x sparco evo 2 seats on eBay,there 400 pound for the pair ,brand new ,look really nice .The question I have is will people still be able to get in the back if I put the seats on runners as the seats won't collapse like the standard seats?

phase 2 172
Right looking at buying 2 sparco evo plus seats off eBay,the guy said they come with mounting plates and universal seat rails,is this everything needed for them to fit into my Clio.cheers .

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Im going to be listing the recliners Ive just took out of my track car soon, passangers seat is on a fixed subframe with the drivers on a slider. Both seats have recline and a tilt lever for easy access to the back.
Black hard shell backs , with red stitching.

Ive actualy just removed them to fit Evo Plus 2's so to answer your question even with them slid all the way forward you wont get in the back, without climing over the seats, and in a clio the gap through the middle is small.

Pics can be seen here on page 5.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?650026-Road-Track-172/page5

GW 197 Cup
If they dont fold down you will struggle to get people in the back my Recaros in my 197 make it hard enough as it is!

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Pole positions are brilliant but if you are over about 5ft10 the harness holes are far to low.
I have the sparco evo 2s and they are very comfy seats but you would never get anyone in the back with them

phase 2 172
Cheers for the info guys ,driving over to Bradford soon to pick these seats up ,any of you guys know if I need subframrs to fit ?the guy who I'm buying them off says he has mounting plates and universal seat rails with them,is this all I need to fit the seats?.cheers.

phase 2 172
[QUOTEthese look awesome,bet there not cheap mind.=dmallett;9084621]This. Or if your lucky a second hand set of pole positions, they are possibly the best seats ever made.

IMG_0046.jpg
[/QUOTTE]

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I had to mess about a bit and offset my side mounts to get the sparcos to sit level and for the subframes to work with the Clio floorpan

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Pole positions will be going in my next track car, regardless the type of car it is.