ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red STOP light?

Audi S4 Avant
Havent seen if this has been brought up before but has anyone had the same issue as myself?

Only when cornering hard to the left, the red STOP warning lights up on the dashboard. This stays on for a further couple of seconds after straighting up then switches off again.

Seems quite strange but my only thoughts are handbrake related? The car is a 2004 182 Cup.

Whats your thoughts?

Cheers

yez mate mine had the same problem.... i popped a thread on here and apparently its pretty 'common'it is most likely to be 'low' brake fluid because your cornering the level appears lower than it is..... best advice top it up altho its in an awkward position take it to renault to get it topped up if you have time baz

Audi S4 Avant
Kept wondering whether my car was going to spontaneously lock up as i was driving along!!

Cheers for that ill check it out!

Clio 1.5 DCI
Had this same thing last night while overtaking on a bendy road just after coming back into the left lane. So same as yours Jason, cornering to the left. Came on for 2 seconds blinking and went away. I also had my Diesel heater light came on but you wouldnt have one in your Cup :)

I'll book it at the garage, and hope it's brake fluid...

Megane
if the brake fluid is low, check the pad wear, particularly the fronts.
I had v. low fluid in my cup, withe the stop light intermittently flicking on, changed the front pads and I then had nearly maximum level on fluid again and no stop light on.

If you top the fluid up then change the pads, you could risk overflowing the reservoir which wouldn't be very nice...

Audi S4 Avant
if the brake fluid is low, check the pad wear, particularly the fronts.
I had v. low fluid in my cup, withe the stop light intermittently flicking on, changed the front pads and I then had nearly maximum level on fluid again and no stop light on.

If you top the fluid up then change the pads, you could risk overflowing the reservoir which wouldn't be very nice...

Funny you should say that, the front pads and discs were recommended for replacement very soon so ill check out the fluid levels when i change them.
Cheers

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
My handbrake and stop lights come on when cornering hard. Then they flicker for a few seconds afterwards, it's fun. lol