ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Relisted the Subaru

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do people on here value this at? I'm struggling.

I've had 6 offers, 5 at £3000 & 1 at £3100. Am I miles off in my asking price?

I'm willing to accept £3500 no less, is that reasonable?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
What do people on here value this at? I'm struggling.

I've had 6 offers, 5 at £3000 & 1 at £3100. Am I miles off in my asking price?

I'm willing to accept £3500 no less, is that reasonable?

What are others similar up for ?

Put it up at £4k and move your target demographic :grin:

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are others similar up for ?

Put it up at £4k and move your target demographic :grin:

From what I've seen I thought it would fly off the shelf at £3700. Next Hawkeye wagon on eBay is £6k, it's also priced lower than some Blobeyes & bugeyes. Of course though this is due to the mileage.

Having so many offers all around the £3k mark seems like it's telling me something though. One guy just came to view and offered £3k as well.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
If you've had 7 offers, £3100 being the highest, why makes you think you'll get £3500? (I don't mean to sound rude.)

I can't remember the last car I had that didn't sell to the first person to see it. How do you value your time?

For the sake of £400 I'd have let it go personally.

We're only a few weeks away from March, the month when used cars take their biggest hit value wise.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Daniel I'm looking for honesty so I'm glad you posted. That's what I was thinking having so many offers at £3k has made me think is my price to high.

@Knuckles i wasn't to begin with but my boiler has broken and I need £1700 for a new one so kind of yeah but I'm not letting it go for silly money.

End later today so I'll see how it goes.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Impreza RB5 #054
Selling a Surbaru is never a easy task, unless it's underpriced. It's a buyers market at the moment, although you can see it changing with regards to clean classics.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Selling a Surbaru is never a easy task, unless it's underpriced. It's a buyers market at the moment, although you can see it changing with regards to clean classics.
Classics are fetching daft money at the moment.
A garage near me has just sold one very similar to mine for £3600!

Finding one without rust or eBay intercoolers a is the hardest thing I think.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Thanks @Daniel I'm looking for honesty so I'm glad you posted. That's what I was thinking having so many offers at £3k has made me think is my price to high.

@Knuckles i wasn't to begin with but my boiler has broken and I need £1700 for a new one so kind of yeah but I'm not letting it go for silly money.

End later today so I'll see how it goes.
For what it's worth, I think £3500 is the money for it.

But if you need to sell it, and 7 people have viewed it, personally I'd let it go and move on.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Impreza RB5 #054
Classics are fetching daft money at the moment.
A garage near me has just sold one very similar to mine for £3600!

Finding one without rust or eBay intercoolers a is the hardest thing I think.

I sold my last one about 2 years ago for 3.5k and they have doubled in price since then.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, I think £3500 is the money for it.

But if you need to sell it, and 7 people have viewed it, personally I'd let it go and move on.

6 through Ebay only 1 has viewed. I'm expecting a lot more offers in the next hour though that's when EBay comes alive with 1 hour to go.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't sell. Maybe I'm a strict or bad negotiator.

Do people actually knock £5-600 off cars as I've never come across it. I thought I was being generous enough knocking £200 off.

I hate selling cars. f**k it I'll try again in a few weeks hope the market picks up.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've knocked 1250 off a car before, that's my best so far. If it's genuinely worth it's price then I probably wouldn't negotiate but sometimes people are dreaming.

I think it's always really a buyers market because people are usually selling for a reason so they'll accept maybe that 500 less.

When I was selling I never budged on price really, just priced it right.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand it on a car worth £10k+ but surely bottom end of the market people keep tighter margins.

£1250 is madness.

Tempted to now sell my partners daily and just keep this. Probably only get £1500 for that though.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
I advertise cars for a price and sell them for that price. I despise haggling, I find it degrading. Weather I'm buying or selling, I hate it.

Similarly, when I'm buying a car, I'll view it then offer a firm 'take it or leave it' price. No haggling, no hard feelings.

I've knocked 75% off of the advertised price before now. But then I know what I'm doing and can smell a problem car a mile off! In fact My last Clio was advertised at £1750 no offers and I drove off innit having parted with just £700.

If your car is relatively fault free, is clean (this is the most overlooked!) and it's priced right, there should be no need to knock hundreds of pounds off.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182 FF
I think that buyers will try to haggle for the cost of the tyres even though you have considered it in the price.
You have a well maintained Impreza wagon with a desirable prodrive pack and breat history but regardless of price, the thought of a set of tyres after purchase is potential for haggling.
Maybe get some part worns on it? I doubt that you could find four but certainly matching fronts and backs should be possible?
Is it necessary to comment on the dated sat nav? It seems a negative comment and open to further haggling.
Whatever you decide, stick to your price and good luck with the sale.

Shanny

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
eBay is full of chancers and to be honest, I am one of them. I'd offer 3k for your car if if was in the market just to see if you accept it.

I always work on a 10% theme for ono so for your car I would want at least 370 off.

As Daniel has said, in the grand scheme of things it's £400 but depends how desperate you are to sell.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheers next time it goes up maybe I'll be abit more lenient with the hagglers.

I'll get the electric blanket out in the meantime.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   1
  Astra VXR
My Impreza sold to the second viewer... it was up for £6,750 and the first person wanted a grand off! Came to see it and made the offer and received a firm no, then proceeded to phone me 3 times still asking for the same price!? Weirdo.

Sold it the following week for £6,600 :smile: and off it went to Poland!

To be honest in my experience, foreign buyers can be the best. My brother's Impreza was exported to... to Germany.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf
Should have re-listed at £3995 then they'd feel good about knocking £500 off, I wouldn't have even mentioned the tyres. Oh and "out you off" needs changing to "put you off".

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Swift Sport
It's a shame because it ticks nearly every box for what I want, but MPG would bug the sh*t outta me lol.