ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remap at RS Tuning today

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Been over to Leeds today to RS Tuning for a stage 1 remap on the Clio. 167.1 bhp and 154 ft lb torque.137.8 bhp at the wheels.:cool:Not bad for a 12 year old car with 124,000 miles under its belt. Engine is standard with green cotton air filter element and Scorpion cat back stainless exhaust. It pulls really strongly although I didn't get chance to really try it out on the way back.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Isn't that standard power? What was it running before the map?

53 Clio's & counting
No mate, standard power is an average of 160-165bhp, and somewhere between 140-150 lb ft torque, so thats a pretty good outcome

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Indeed! My old Williams did 141,6atw with 200,000 miles on it.
Thrustworthy rollers too!

53 Clio's & counting
The funny thing is, these are so different these little cars.

I mean for example, take the OP's car, it should be 168bhp, it has basic breathing mods and now mapped and its making standard power. Now if OP's car has poorly matched inlets (which is quite possible going on the ones iv seen) and if he got matched inlets he might quite possibly gain 5 or maybe 8 bhp.

Rusty Cup
I bet it doesn't. The 197/200 normally make well under book figures.

For sure I think the chances of Renault realising a 100bhp/litre N/A engine are slim to none but they are more than happy to sell cars on the pretence the car has 200.. Somethin.. People just fill in the blanks as and how they feel like it.