ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Remapping - MPG Gains?

Hi guys,

Might not be the usual question, but i am wondering wether getting my 182 remapped is going to see an increase or decrease in MPG?

I have got a ktec exhaust with ktec sports cat, and i might be getting a matched inlet aswell. If any of that makes any difference!

Cheers

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Shouldn't of thought so, when mine was mapped with decat etc used to stay around the 32-35 mark

my standard 182 got between 32 to 35 MPG the 450 miles i drove it back from the tip of Scotland. so a your re mapped 182 got the same as my standard 182 MPG wise.

so no difference at all really

LY R26 #288
Mines worse with the Rstuner map, I'm sure of it. But It is the overrun map so its to be expected.

Just milltek and decat, itg panel filter was 178bhp once mapped but it would seem that I do have a rather strong clio

Seat Ibiza
Mines worse with the Rstuner map, I'm sure of it. But It is the overrun map so its to be expected.

I wouldn't mind if I had the overrun as they sound awesome :)

Overall mine was a 8bhp gain but its not all about the power its the drive that is improved mostly

Does it really make it that much easier to drive at lower revs? Mine does seem a little guttless until about 4k, does it improve this?

LY R26 #288
One thing I've noticed about the RSTuner map is that it seems to have got rid of the horrible cold start problem.

It used to be horrible. The car would feel like it was struggling to rev and like it was holding back. The map seems to have eliminated this.

Seat Ibiza
Yeah my car does that, for about 1min if I jump in it and drive, I try to start it up first then do my belt put a decent CD on and shizz. I think it does it for a reason, to stop you over-revving it when its freezing. How much was your RSTuner, as I would like one. Do they work with Mac btw?

HBT 172 Cup
Should all be the same really, all the maps will trim back to lambda 1 when cruising just the same as an OE map would.