ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing anti-roll bar?!?!

145db Euro'd clio
Been speaking to one of my mechanics, and i want the front of my car a bit lower but its already at the bottom of the coilovers. I am going to take the helper springs out as these do hardly anything what so ever in the coilovers and im loosing about 45mm of extra room.

He recons i wont be able to go any lower due to the subframe just sitting on the ARB. Is this right or will it not matter if its left in there? not too bothered if i have it in there or not. just a pain whn it comes to mot. the car was not build to handle well, although the car is low and very stiff so doubt having no ARB would make much of a dirrerence.

Now i know most people will give me stick for this, but just wondered it anyone had done it before to get mega low?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Ive no ARB in the Golf, unless you do track time you wont notice a difference in handling.

145db Euro'd clio
yeah, my mate (the said mechanic) has a gt tdi golf with no ARB in and he sai it didnt make a difference. Well, fingers crossed :)

260% JCW
I broke one of my anti roll bar bracket's on the lower wish bone, the car handled like shite after.