ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Charcoal filtering system?

blackbox.jpg
:)

Shhh
i think this needs to be a sticky, as its happening more often.

I need / could do with eliminating the tick.

You mention a resistoir.? Is there a monitor - feedback loop to the ECU, have you looked into this etc. I could quite happily take it apart, chop wire to magnet, and hey presto.. no more tick, and looks in place.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd imagine all you need to do is read the resisitance across the pins of the solinoid, then get one from Maplins, then jab it across the mulitiplug. Its the solinoid that taps, not the actual charcoal filter box

182 inside
pics went missing???

Attachments

• step5.JPG
    step5.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 575
  • step1.JPG
    step1.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 650
  • step2.JPG
    step2.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 614
  • step3.JPG
    step3.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 594
  • step 4.JPG
    step 4.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 600
  172 Cup SOLD
Mine was removed by Mark Fish when he fitted my brake ducts......it's a bit more of a lumpy idle than standard and the fuel smell is lot stronger.

I sold the car last weekend, but my emissions light hadn't come on and the unit had been removed at the start of September 2007.

182 inside
good man. your idle may be a tiny bit lumpy. I ran a vent from the tank along the handbrake line and no more fuel smell.

182 inside
good man. your idle may be a tiny bit lumpy. I ran a vent from the tank along the handbrake line and no more fuel smell.

pic of all the guff removed from car.

Attachments

• SSA50983 (Large).JPG
    SSA50983 (Large).JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 374
  • SSA50984 (Large).JPG
    SSA50984 (Large).JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 373
Any chance of putting this into a guide mate ?

As i don't get the steps involved(where to block pipes at engine end etc) :S

And where to tap your new vent in to get rid of fuel smell.

PH1 172 Sport
Is there acutally a benefit to removing this apart from getting rid of the clicking noise it makes???

2118'd Iceberg Ph2 172
save 1kg and also stop unmeasured fuel vapour and moisture(water) entering inlet system.

Wouldn't think there'd be any real benefits other then saving 1kg tbh. The fuel vapour and air (no moisture though) from the carbon canister are in effect measured, as the ecu first has a canister load learning phase where it lets a very small amount through the purge valve, so that it can determine how much vapour there is in the canister. Once it knows this it can then purge a lot of the vapour into the inlet manifold and it will change fuel injection time to compensate for the extra fueling. This stops any driveability issues and/or tailpipe emission issues. Therefore you will, if anything see better fuel economy with the carbon canister installed as the excess vapour that would normally have escaped into the atmosphere will be utilised in combustion.

Sorry for reviving an old thread!!! lol :rasp:

Nothing at the mo :(
is there anyway to just turn of the carbon cainster without taking it all out?? cause i think mine is causing the ticking in my car but i dont wanna take it all out incase that dont help the problem...

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
is there anyway to just turn of the carbon cainster without taking it all out?? cause i think mine is causing the ticking in my car but i dont wanna take it all out incase that dont help the problem...

Same here anyone know?

RB 182
Sorry for dredging up an old thread but im a 182 newbie having just bought an RB 182. My cannister is still located in the car, however the wiring connected to it via the plug has been removed and I cant find it. This has thrown the EML on the dash and I would like to have it off all being well as an MOT in Northern Ireland will not allow any lights on at any time.

Can anybody offer any advice? cheaper the better :D

Thanks, Dan