ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

removing front seats

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its easyer to remove them by going under the car and undoing the 4 bolts and the seats & Subframe comes out in one so then you get more access to get the subframes off.

Banana
1- Car on ramps
2- disconnect battery earth
3- get under car with a 17mm socket (long one)
4- remove rubber grommets from outsitde bolt holes and remove bolts
5- remove bolts located behind exhaust heatsheild (there should be access holes in heatshield).
6- lift whole seat up an inch and it will be free.
7- let seat flop over backwards
8- disconnect airbag/pre-tensioner plugs
9- remove seat

Job done.

M2 Competition
Ive just ordered buckets, this sounds like a job and a half, yay!

when you remove the airbag plugs, does this mean the warning light will go off on the dash?

any way around this?

Mk2 V6, MK1 Track Sl#g
what u taking the seats out of paul??? if its a valver then its 13mm bolts (2 in exhaust channel under the car and 2 inside the car closest to the doors) give me a bell if u get stuck

what a real pain in the arse that seems to me! so much easier in my current car :p 4 star shape bolts and they are out hehe. typical shitroen build! everything comes out nice a easy with like 2-4 bolts or just pulls off lol, role on a clio at Christmas!

Banana
rex said:
Ive just ordered buckets, this sounds like a job and a half, yay!

when you remove the airbag plugs, does this mean the warning light will go off on the dash?

any way around this?

Take the pretensioners off the original seat and attach them to the new subframes, then plug them back in again. Piss easy job, takes 5 mins.