ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing old number plates

Can anyone tell me how to take off the number plates from a 172 Cup?? It seems there is some sort of rivet keeping them on. I need my old ones off asap if anyone can help:confused:

Arr, I thought mine were screwed on but the head is not a cross or line, and when i looked behind the screw type thing it looked like it was riveted on. I was twisting it for ages and it never came off. My old 1.2 clio plates were stuck on but the cup is just a nightmare.

I had this same problem on my clio. It seems that sometimes they screw them on, sometimes they rivet them on, sometimes they stick them on etc. Mine were riveted on like yours, I tried for ages to pull the plate off but i was worried that if i forced it the rivet would have just pulled a huge hole in the bumper.

In the end I went to my local renault garage and they took it off and screwed my new one on for me free of cost, only took about 10 mins. I think they simply took a drill bit to the rivet head destroying it and then let it simply fall out behind the bumper.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

depends on dealer how they are held on. if its a rivet you will have to drill the rivet head off.