ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing Swirls.

Mk2 Ph2
Whats the best product to remove swirls? its just light swirls also i have got the das6 so will be using that, i was going to buy menzerna to do the job but not sure if that will remove them?

Bumder With A Buffer
Menz will remove it. Depends which ones you were thinking of getting.

Also depends on your type of pad used. What you got?

Mk2 Ph2
ive got 2 pads the now, i need to order some was waiting to get a product so i can order all together, that menzerna set looks good, can you recommend a few good pads to go with it? will need a cutting and finishing pad ive already got a polishing one

Bumder With A Buffer
IMO If you were to get them from the same place either go for

Menzerna pads (these are good but break down after a few uses)

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Menzerna_135mm_Pads.html

You wont need the cutting pad, i've never used mine apart from on the missus car to try and remove concrete splatter.

Or 3M ones..Bit more expensive but I use them and they are good.

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/3M_150mm_Pads_1.html

again you might not need the compounding pad. Thats upto you though.

172 Cup
I swear by the 3m 3 stage/products personally, although menz stuff is quality too, cant go wrong with either ;)

Bumder With A Buffer
Richy - how are the Menz pads? I've found a combo of Menz with 3M pads to be good. But would Menz with Menz pads be better do you think?

Cheers,
D.

They are okay for n00bs, but they do break down very quickly and dont have a long lifespan, so generally I say stay with what you have. 2 off mine literally exploded the first time I used them. The Menz pads and Menz combo Is always recommended to n00bs as generally those are the packages you can buy.

I like you now use the 3M pads with my menz polishes and its fine.

Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah they are not bad either. You just cant get them from I4detailing if you were going to get the menz polish package.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
ill give the 3m pads a try then, what about sonus sfx pads?

I've got Sonus pads, and didn't find them to be much good. They're okay, I just didn't get much success with removing the swirls from my paint with them. Hardier than the Menz pads by what Richy says. I got a few Lake Country pads and prefer them, if I'm honest, they were a lot easier to use. I'm going to try some 3M pads next though, and see how they go.

BG182FF
ive just got a white,orange and yellow pads but have no idea what they are for? also got menz power finish and final finish so which do i use to remove swirls and scratches :S sorry im new to detailing

Golf GT & A4 Avant
what brand of pad are they?

as for the menz compounds, as the name suggests the power finish has a heavier cut, where as the final finish has less to get that final glossy finish