ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault just told me its an Import

Shed.
Old Bup eh ?
SP_A0029.jpg

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Whats the big deal???

EXACTLY . FFS , its the same car as a UK car , built in the same factory .They usually come with no alarm as they are fitted over here when they arrive , they are s**t on Renaults anyway and only have an 18 month warranty. If you've got an import just get a CAT 1 alarm fitted , somethinglike a Toad with a lifetime warranty . No locking wheel nuts as standard , ebay , problem solved . Who really gives a f**k about etched windows ??

When you sell it you'll get the same money as any so called " UK " spec car .It's only the people on here who don't know their arse from their elbow or people who paid OVER the odds for a UK car who bleat on about it being worth less . Trust me mate , it isn't . Enjoy the car .

172 ph2
Checked mine this morning and don't seem to have an alarm afterall, it never really occured to me :stupid:

I do have the locking wheel nuts though. Problem is my insurance I guess.

ph2 172
you can get the standard renault alarm fitted by a dealer, IIRC it cost about 270 at my local renault dealer.

My Import has the same Alarm, locking wheel nuts, and etched glass as any UK spec car.

Jap Shed
When i bought it the Garage told explictly that it wasnt.

In that case they have misrepresented the car.

Tell them you have taken legal advice and they have two options - either take the car back and return your money (rescinding the contract) or refund the difference between an import and a UK car, otherwise you will be taking them to the small claims court under the Misrepresentation Act 1967 s.2(2).
Basically if they make a representation to you and it turns out to be false, if you assert that the statement induced you to purchase the car (ie if you had known it to be an import you would not have bought) you can rescind the contract or claim damages.

Its likely when they hear that they will try and work something out to recompense you, which is best because going to court can be a real pain.
spoke to consumer advice and the garage does not have to tell the buyer a car is a import, but seeing as he was told it was not.......

White 197
In that case they have misrepresented the car.

Tell them you have taken legal advice and they have two options - either take the car back and return your money (rescinding the contract) or refund the difference between an import and a UK car, otherwise you will be taking them to the small claims court under the Misrepresentation Act 1967 s.2(2).
Basically if they make a representation to you and it turns out to be false, if you assert that the statement induced you to purchase the car (ie if you had known it to be an import you would not have bought) you can rescind the contract or claim damages.

Its likely when they hear that they will try and work something out to recompense you, which is best because going to court can be a real pain.
spoke to consumer advice and the garage does not have to tell the buyer a car is a import, but seeing as he was told it was not.......

Two Words for you

TRADING STANDARDS

White 197
Not my experience of Trading Standards. They just loved getting their teeth into the TVR dealer who sold us a car with a roof that wasn't square.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Normally i the ones we get in our dealer, its C- or F- as mine is FP and its and import. but i can check using the renault system in work