ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renepogel's 04 Clio Sport (From Downunder)

04 Clio Sport - Blac
Hi Guys - have put the deposit on my 04 Sport, and will be picking it up Friday night... 4 hour drive with my brother down to Brisbane to get it, then 4 hour drive back home to Bundaberg!

Here's how it looks now. And I've got a bit of a wishlist just to make it mine, and spark up the performance a little.
Has a rattle in the exhaust at 4000rpm (pretty normal for them from what I've read) So first step will be new exhaust, cold air intake and remapped ECU.
Eibach Springs to lower it and stiffen it up a little
Front and rear swaybars to keep it tight
Front splitter and rear spoiler (contemplating the carbon ones from K-tech)
Angel eye headlights, and black tail lights.

Ktech seems to be the most comprehensive site for Clio bits that I've found so far. I must admit the options in Australia aren't huge - will probably be sourcing most stuff from Europe

297955_267539053288797_100000981136612_786994_1117137191_n.jpg

04 Clio Sport - Blac
Also - Has the 17" wheels with runflats currently. But came with the 15" standard mags as well.
Will do my best to interpret the different UK/Aus Slang - So far don't really know what "pants" means... but am assuming it's along the lines of crap! Also Chav's - what are chavs?! We have Bogans in australia... Mostly wear flannel and line up for dole cheques, drive loud obnoxious cars...

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Will do my best to interpret the different UK/Aus Slang - So far don't really know what "pants" means... but am assuming it's along the lines of crap! Also Chav's - what are chavs?! We have Bogans in australia... Mostly wear flannel and line up for dole cheques, drive loud obnoxious cars...
Hi mate, good luck with the new car and have fun modifying it... :D

For the record, you are absolutely correct with respect to the terms "pants" and "chavs" *thumbs up*

04 Clio Sport - Blac
The 16's were standard on the cup model - but the sport came with the 15's from what I can read.
The models seem to be slightly different, or differently named. It's making it a little hard to join the dots sometimes!

05 RB 182 LE Cup
Nah mate its pretty much the same as UK in regards to wheels.
The 182s got the 16's, Ive got a 182FF with the anthracite 16's. The 172 has the 15's

130i Road, 172 Track
Hey Renepogel! Have you seen the Aussie forum? ozrenaultsport.com. Lots of local help there.

Car looks good but I'd loose the 17s. Also consider looking at some coilovers as eibachs on the stock 172 shocks can be a bit harsh, plus depending on the kms on your car the stockies might be shot anyway.

The strut braces won't do much but do look the goods. I'd definitely get a rear sway-bar though (whiteline arb) as that sharpens things up a lot. Also look at a set of camber bolts.

Also, a cold air intake will most likely loose you power, unless you splurge on an ITG Maxogen, so just fit a uprated panel filter to the stock box and disconnect the too air feed for a bit more noise.

Hope that helps.

04 Clio Sport - Blac
Cheers guys - will look to join the aussie forum as well! Thanks for the heads up on the CAI. Look forward to picking it up on the weekend and starting to personalise it