ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing seatbelts

I've bought some seatbelts for my car from a reputable dealer, second hand but in full working condition. I was going to clean them today before fitting but they wont extend ?
Is there something I'm missing or not doing ? None of the 5 belts will pull out, all just lock ?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I believe if you let them fully retract, they won't pull out. Someone will be able to clarify though and maybe suggest a fix

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
They are super sensitive when not bolted into the car.Bolt them in and fully extend them and loop a cable tie around the end to stop them retracting whilst cleaning them.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
For the belt to be released and pulled out you need to hold it the correct way up, as if it was mounted in the car. This can be a real pain and it can take a long time before you get it in just the right spot so it allows the belt to be released. If/when it does come out make sure you secure it and don't let it retract until your finished cleaning them! (as mentioned above).
I read that there is a pendulum-like mechanism within the belt, which only allows the belt to be pulled out if it settles in the correct spot -aka when mounted at the correct angle within the car.

Hope this helps

They are super sensitive when not bolted into the car.Bolt them in and fully extend them and loop a cable tie around the end to stop them retracting whilst cleaning them.

For the belt to be released and pulled out you need to hold it the correct way up, as if it was mounted in the car. This can be a real pain and it can take a long time before you get it in just the right spot so it allows the belt to be released. If/when it does come out make sure you secure it and don't let it retract until your finished cleaning them! (as mentioned above).
I read that there is a pendulum-like mechanism within the belt, which only allows the belt to be pulled out if it settles in the correct spot -aka when mounted at the correct angle within the car.

Hope this helps

Thanks for this, I'll start with the rear ones and practice.