ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rescued A Cup...

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I bought this tonight, it's my 4th 172 now and I'm very pleased with it. Mechanically it feels spot on.

It's a 2003 and has only covered 47k, with a full service history and the cambelt was changed 7k ago. HPI clear.

I went to look at it yesterday and was told it was standard apart from the wheels, on arrival I found it was lowered on Apex and had a daft "zorst". Under the bonnet I found a pipercross filter, so I was initially a little disappointed. But the bodywork is in such good condition I could see past these downsides.

It also needs a new splitter and a foglight, so it's going to be abit of a project but I don't think it's going to take much to tidy it up.

Took the pics tonight, hadn't chance to clean it or anything and it certainly needs a good clean!

4-18.jpg

2-22.jpg

3-17.jpg

1-21.jpg

5-17.jpg

6-14.jpg

7-12.jpg

Unmarked steering wheel.
8-8.jpg

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I was hoping for it to have a mahoosive bodykit, those hideous k-tec cheese grater grills and a massive spoiler

Good on you anyway, will take a matter of hours to have that car back to how it should be

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I have never seen a pair of aftermarket wheels that look good on a Clio. But I actually really like those.

Nice handbag.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I have never seen a pair of aftermarket wheels that look good on a Clio. But I actually really like those.

Nice handbag.

I'll do you a good deal on the wheels and the handbag!

Megane 225 F1
Wheels look nice actually, but depending on weather you want this one looking standard depends on if you should put turinis back on.

More pics of the mrs :eek:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
+1
only because you said rescued, makes it sound like you got a bargain. don't know why

What would you class as a bargain for a cup on 47k, with FSH, HPI clear and the bodywork is unbelievable for a 7 year old car? But it needs an exhaust, wheels, filter, fog light and splitter.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Wheels look nice actually, but depending on weather you want this one looking standard depends on if you should put turinis back on.

More pics of the mrs :eek:

It might not be going standard, but I don't want 17 inch wheels on it with crap tyres.

There is some more pics of her on here somewhere wearing a lot less! ;-)

Megane 225 F1
17s FTL. Although they actually look alright on those ones.

Point me in the right direction? Or do I have to go through all of your posts ;)

What would you class as a bargain for a cup on 47k, with FSH, HPI clear and the bodywork is unbelievable for a 7 year old car? But it needs an exhaust, wheels, filter, fog light and splitter.

Anything under 3k I'd say was a bargain..

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Anything under 3k I'd say was a bargain..

I'm happy with what I paid. It is due a service soon aswell though and I think it will need new disks and pads at the back.

17s FTL. Although they actually look alright on those ones.

Point me in the right direction? Or do I have to go through all of your posts ;)

Somewhere in that massive thread that got locked!

Fiesta ST-3
Nice find, but i dont envy you in trying to source a good set of turinis to correct the damage. And people who have exhausts like that should be shot!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
i would say 2k

Lol I wish.

Nice find, but i dont envy you in trying to source a good set of turinis to correct the damage. And people who have exhausts like that should be shot!

Shot in the knee with a double barrel.

I think I'm going to put 15 inch Oz F1's on it for the time being, if I can find a 4th. Some Turini's will crop up, I've bought 3 sets in the last couple of years.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I like the exhaust!

There's a receipt for a custom hanger for the backbox at £85, so some one else must have been a fan!

I'll do you a good deal Jim, sure you can bodge it onto the 106!

535d / t5 caravelle
i was emailing this guy about the cup, when i was on the hunt for it, one thing that put me right off it, when i hpi'd it came back with 8 owners!

still got the text hpi check on my phone

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
i was emailing this guy about the cup, when i was on the hunt for it, one thing that put me right off it, when i hpi'd it came back with 8 owners!

still got the text hpi check on my phone

That's fine, as long as it's been looked after.
With cars like this, a lot of the time they aren't what people are expecting in terms of running costs. And therefore they end up selling shortly after they get it.

535d / t5 caravelle
That's fine, as long as it's been looked after.
With cars like this, a lot of the time they aren't what people are expecting in terms of running costs. And therefore they end up selling shortly after they get it.

could be right, but i didn't want to risk it, had just been fucked over with a previous car vw passat, so i took no chances on the cup ;)