ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reset brake pedal sensor now got no cruise, SERV + ESP

When i was starting the car i was randomly getting the SERV ESP and ABS lights coming on and a quick restart of the engine soon turned them off. Now i've reset the brake pedal switch this no longer happens.

The cruise control has stopped working since the switch reset. I thought the car might think the brakes where engaged all the time so i double checked in a window that the brake lights were not on without pressure on the pedal. They only illuminate when pressure is applied to the pedal so i don't think this is at fault. Now when driving to work this morning on a dual carriageway at 70 the SERV and ESP light come on. A quick restart turned them off again but i assume that when driving home on the same road later the lights will reappear.

I think it's an ABS ring but would this effect my cruise control as well.

I've done a search however could only find examples of this issue when peoples cruise control was working.

Your comments would be spiffing...

Exact same thing happened to mine, but it was fixed by Renault, and AFAIK it was just the switch that you have mentioned.

The cars under warranty with a non renault dealer so i'll mention this too them. Think it's best to give them a heads up and tell them what i think it is or will there be a fault code logged if they plug it in?

clio 172 full fat phase 2
It won't let me view that guide and I'm away on holiday at the moment. What's the process for resetting the switch? Would be much appreciated.

Clio 182 FF
FIXED - Reset brake pedal sensor and all is well.

Hi Mate, sorry to bump an old thread but when you say just resetting the brake pedal switch again fixed things, did it fix it for good?

I've had same problem with mine with ABS, ESP & SERV lights on, reset brake pedal switch and everything fine.

Then next day its gone to just having the ESP & SERV lights on so sounds like exactly the same problem - do you reckon i just need to keep adjusting the brake pedal switch?

any help appreciated!!
cheers :)