ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Returning to standard

Clio 182
I've got the following mods.
SMT6 Manifold match, panel filter, Cams, Prospeed exhaust, all done by GDI.

I'm considering returning it to standard. I know I can swap the panel filter, but would it be a lot of work removing the chip and changing the cams? does the standard ECU need setting up and mapping? is it worth the expense of returning it to standard or just sell the car as it is?

I'm looking at a r26 Megane at the mo and cant decide whether to sell the car standard or modded.

What would you do?
Cheers guys.

Paul.

Try and sell it modded first. If you dont get nay interest then it means people are put off by it. then go thru the trouble of changing it back to normal.

Clio 172 mk2
Agree with lusty..try to sell it as it is.....changing cams back would be a bit of a pain.

I'd offer it for sale as standard and then people can buy the mods if they want them :)

Mods should make more money separately than in with the car I reckon!

Clio 182
I'd offer it for sale as standard and then people can buy the mods if they want them :)

That what I thought, return it to standard and sell the mods off seperatly. I need to speak to GDI and get an idea of cost. I did'nt think of selling it as standard and offering it with mods at an extra cost.

That what I thought, return it to standard and sell the mods off seperatly. I need to speak to GDI and get an idea of cost. I did'nt think of selling it as standard and offering it with mods at an extra cost.

id try and sell it as is now, and put the price up so it covers what you would want fro the individual parts also. Its worth a try and if you advertise it well then you could end up with as much money as you could get by selling parts seperately without all the hasstle of changing it back to stadrd

cup 182 mit stripes
What happened to ''I'm keeping my car for a very long time so i'm happy to spend a bit of money on it''

I suspect it's the reduced driveability/reliability and increased juice consumption. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not being disparaging as I'm considering similar mods myself and would appreciate your advice on the matter.

Clio 182
What happened to ''I'm keeping my car for a very long time so i'm happy to spend a bit of money on it''

I suspect it's the reduced driveability/reliability and increased juice consumption. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm not being disparaging as I'm considering similar mods myself and would appreciate your advice on the matter.

Ok I typed out a long reply and lost it so cant be arsed to type it out again so i'll answer quickly!! LOL

Just nosing around at mo, found out I'm entitled to friends and fam discount, + girlfriend talking about a family so why not see if I can get a bigger car cheaper?

Driveablity the same if not better ( i did go into detail here but I'm not typing it all out again!! LOL)

Only mod it if you've already got property, cash is spare, planning to keep it and fully understand that you wont see much of the cash back. Plus its big money for little gains on the N/A. If your happy with that then go for it!!

Clio 182
Sorry forgot to add MPG slightly worse but I don't tend to do loads of driving so I can handle the extra cost. At mo reading 23 MPG. Thats town driving only for about 6 weeks. I only use Vpower petrol. But i've only ever used Vpower/Optimax (or equivilent) since I got the car.