ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rev limit to 6.2k ? Adaptronic ecu

Hello . My Clio is using adaptronic ecu with the std still in place but has Rev limit of 6.2k and the little green shifter light flashes on the dash when it reaches this. The cars fully up to temp so it says on the gauge wondered if anyone has any ideas to try before I book it in. It's going to be looked at in a week or so anyway just thought I'd save time having to look for faults.
Thanks
Jay

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Do you have a laptop to plug in to the ECU and read the settings? It's probably the ECU rev limit set to 6200, it's easy to turn up the limiter if you have a laptop connected.

Thanks for the reply mate it's going to be checked next week hopefully so I'll see what happens then I just wondered if I need to change any sensors before I go just to save fault finding whilst it's their.
Would the adaptronics Ecu make the shift light work on the dash like the standard Ecu ?
Other than that the car is running perfectly so I'm pretty happy really.

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
I can't answer that specifically to your car buddy, the ECU has the capability to do it but I don't know if it's wired in or if the OE ECU still controls it (running piggyback right?)
I would be pretty sure the Adaptronic will control the rev limit though and thats easy enough to change through the Windows client, assuming you have a laptop with the WARI installed. I'd offer to do it for you but you're miles and miles from me! If you have a laptop to install the WARI client on I could probably talk you through it.

Thanks for the help mate Be good to have a chat some time so I can work a few things out but I'm hoping to have dan potter sort it for me just trying to get a day to fit in with him as my shift is a pain working away on a rolling 4 .

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
OK mate, I usually lurk on turborenault.co.uk daily if you want a quicker response, stick a post in the tech forum :)