ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reverse light problem

EX-172 driver :(
Hi, i have a problem with my clio 172, which i love dearly. When i put her in reverse the lights dont come on. The bulbs are fine as this was the first thing i checked. They worked for a while, then the became intermittent and now just dont work at all. I have been told there is a microswitch near the gear stick somewhere, but im not even sure what im looking for. Can anyone help me out with this one please. Oh, and hello to all btw :D

Clio 197
Hiya,

Welcome ot Cliosport!

I'm not sure about you query, but I'm sure someone will be able to help you...

Just wanted to say hi.

Oms.

hey, thanks for your replies :D Im not too good with cars so where abouts might i find that switch, a noddy guide would be helpful ;) Thanks again

I've got the same issue too. Also my rear wash wipe does not automatically come on in reverse when the front wipers are on as it used to.

Any body got any ideas.

Sounds like the switch is broken then. Like clarkiev6 said, the switch is in the gearbox - or at least it was on my 1.2 M-reg clio as I had it replaced. was just on the left hand side of the gear box IIRC. Think it cost me something like £20 for a garage to fix - including parts! :)

If somebody has some spare timecould ya take a couple of photo's of the switch im looking for pls..ive removed teh gaiter and the foam insert and can see nothing that resembles a switch. do i need to remove the trim from around the gearstick also? if so how the hell do i remove the cigarette lighter socket, it jsut wont budge !! Please guys help me out, oh...thanks for your replies already by the way, they are not unappreciated(um i mean they are appreciated!) :eek:

Skoda Fabia vRS
its on the gearbox !

when you find it, unplug the wiring and connect the contacts on the wiring with some wire, if your reverse lights come on its the switch, if they dont its somethin else